Uninstalled but still showing up

• 8 March 2016
  • 3 replies

I recently uninstalled Webroot SecureAnywhere on my Windows 10 pc. It does not show up in uninstall program list anymore. The Webroot folder in Program Files is empty. Everytime I try to click on my NVIDIA GeForce Experience program, it brings up a Webroot window asking me for a key to install Webroot.
Did Webroot uninstall incorrectly or is this an NVIDIA problem? If Webroot, can someone tell me how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello TaylorDavis,

Welcome to the Welcome,

In some cases, uninstall options for SecureAnywhere may be missing from the Control Panel or Start menu.  If you want to uninstall SecureAnywhere and are unable to do so because of these missing options, here are some steps you can try:

Option 1: Ensure correct display settings
  1. Open Webroot SecureAnywhere.
  2. Click Settings, then choose Basic Configuration.
  3. Un-check the boxes next to Show Webroot in the Start Menu and Show Webroot in Add/Remove Programs.
  4. Click Save All. After saving your settings, repeat steps 1 and 2, then re-check the boxes next to Show Webroot in the Start Menu and Show Webroot in Add/Remove Programs.  Then click Save All again.  
  5. Once you have re-checked the correct options, try uninstalling Webroot from the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs option, or from Start > All Programs > Webroot SecureAnywhere > Tools > Uninstall Webroot.

Choose the correct instructions for your operating system.
  Option2
For Windows XP:
  1. Click Start, then click Run. The Run box opens.  
  2. Type the following into the Run box, exactly as it appears below.  Note: This path is for the default location.  If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly. "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall  
  3. Click OK.  
  4. When prompted to uninstall, click Yes.  
For Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32bit):
  1. Open the Start menu by clicking the Start icon [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/windows_7_start_button.png[/img].  
  2. Type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below.  Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly. "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall  
  3. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.  
For Windows Vista and Windows 7 (64bit):
  1. Open the Start menu by clicking the Start icon [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/windows_7_start_button.png[/img].  
  2. Type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below.  Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly. "C:Program Files (x86)WebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall  
For Windows 8:
  1. Move your cursor to the bottom right of the screen to open the Charm Bar menu.  
  2. Click Search, then type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below. Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly. "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall  
When using/running the uninstall command manually it is a good idea to make sure that you run it with admin rights/with elevated privileges.  To do that either sign into Windows as the System Administrator or if you cannot then you should call up a CMD panel in the following way; type cmd in the Start Menu search panel (Win7) or the Search window (Win8) and RIGHT click on the option present labelled 'cmd'. From the context menu displayed find and click on 'Run as adminstrator' and that should open the Command prompt panel into which you can type/paste the command, and execute it as if entered by an admin.

If neither of the methods above is successful, please repeat the steps in Windows Safe Mode.  We recommend you print these instructions, then click here for information on starting your computer in Safe Mode.

Also if you are having issues uninstalling then you can Submit a Supprt Ticket and they can assist with this,

Hope this helps,
Yeah. It is already uninstalled. I can't uninstall it again. Also, the Webroot folder is empty to using the command does nothing.
Despite it being uninstalled, it has taken over my NVIDIA program.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello TaylorDavis,

Sorry I misread your post.  It sounds as if Webroot didn't uninstall correctly as you have mentioned. But I am thinking that, have you rebooted your computer after the uninstall?

Or you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you free of charge.