Solved

UNINSTALLING

• 1 October 2014
  • 7 replies

OK so, i have been trying to uinstall Webroot SecureAnywhere for days already. I clicked uninstall and it directed me to the website asking my reason saying that it has already been uninstalled but i checked my computer and it is still running. How is that even possible? Now i can'topen it or uninstall it. It is interfering some of my apps on my computer and for some reason, it doesnt allow me to play certain games. How can i rempve the program completely?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 1 October 2014, 02:52

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
OK so, i have been trying to uinstall Webroot SecureAnywhere for days already. I clicked uninstall and it directed me to the website asking my reason saying that it has already been uninstalled but i checked my computer and it is still running. How is that even possible? Now i can'topen it or uninstall it. It is interfering some of my apps on my computer and for some reason, it doesnt allow me to play certain games. How can i rempve the program completely?
Welcome to the Community Forum Lasinal,

Sorry you want to uninsrall Webroot but here are the instructions! This is for Windows PC i presume?

In some cases, uninstall options for SecureAnywhere may be missing from the Control Panel or Start menu. If you want to uninstall SecureAnywhere and are unable to do so because of these missing options, here are some steps you can try:
Option 1: Ensure correct display settings
Open Webroot SecureAnywhere.
Click Settings, then choose Basic Configuration.
Un-check the boxes next to Show Webroot in the Start Menu and Show Webroot in Add/Remove Programs.
Click Save All.
After saving your settings, repeat steps 1 and 2, then re-check the boxes next to Show Webroot in the Start Menu and Show Webroot in Add/Remove Programs. Then click Save All again.

Once you have re-checked the correct options, try uninstalling Webroot from the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs option, or from Start > All Programs > Webroot SecureAnywhere > Tools > Uninstall Webroot.
Option 2: If the method above does not work, you can run an uninstall command manually. Choose the correct instructions for your operating system.

For Windows XP:
Click Start, then click Run.
The Run box opens.

Type the following into the Run box, exactly as it appears below. Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly.
"C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall

Click OK.

When prompted to uninstall, click Yes.

For Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32bit):
Open the Start menu by clicking the Start icon .

Type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below. Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly.

Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

For Windows Vista and Windows 7 (64bit):
Open the Start menu by clicking the Start icon .

Type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below. Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly.
"C:Program Files (x86)WebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall

For Windows 8:
Move your cursor to the bottom right of the screen to open the Charm Bar menu.

Click Search, then type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below.
Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly.

Best Regards,

I restarted my computer after trying to uninstall it but now it wont open.

EDIT: After I restarted it a couple times, it wasn't there anymore. It just disappeared out of no where. Thank You it's fixed now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I restarted my computer after trying to uninstall it but now it wont open.
Hi Lasinal!

Would you reinstall Webroot then uninstall and see if that works?

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not then we will look at alternative avenues to try and solve this for you.

Thanks,

I cannot unstall your program. I have run uninstall in windows and it keeps popping up asking me to activiate it. I tried starting in safe mode and following your instructions, no joy. I tried re-installing a 15 day free trial and uninstalling it, no, same problem. If I go into registry editor I see it in my registry so I used Revo Uninstaller, nope still popping up. How can I get rid of this program
I have been on the phone with geek squad and just paid them $30 to do NOTHING. They have never seen this problem before.
Userlevel 7
Hello Mastiff, welcome to the Community!

Just so I fully understand exactly which directions you followed, as I know there have been a lot of suggestions put out in this thread.

Have you tried to open a command prompt and manually type in the uninstall command?  We have had several reports that if one clicks Start and simply copies the command into the Run box, that it will fail.  It must be typed manually, exactly, either from the run/search box after clicking start or from a command prompt or it may not work correctly.

Let me know, or if you need more clarification as to how to do it exactly correct, just let me know!
I have a Windows 10 and I found the stupid file location "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" just now, but when I click on it to open or even try to delete it denies me access.

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET RID OF IT FOR OVER A MONTH NOW.

Why is there even an option to show Webroot in Add/Remove programs? Who programmed the **bleep**ing software? Or **bleep** whose idea was it?? Dumb ass scheming business mother **bleep**er who can't scheme for **bleep**.
Userlevel 7
Hi daddybitch

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you are missing the uninstaller being displayed in the Control Panel applet then please look at the advice provide in this KB Article. Please note that when runningthe command line instruction detailed as one of the options therein you need to run it in a command prompt with eleveated rights.

If you have any further questions or require clarification on the instructions please post back here.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick