Solved

update and aquestion

• 6 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
First the update.  Thanks for the info on removing Norton from my crippled older computer.  I'm making headway.  After letting the older download and install updates I was finally able to restart the computer.  After the updates were installed I had webroot performanother scan.  Webroot uncovered 2 more viruses and 38 yes that's 38 separate malware thingys on the computer.  The viruses and malware are now goneI hope.

The question is as follows.  I keep getting a warning on my older computer that I need to repair Microsoft aps to enable other computers to send info to it.  I have no idea what to do.  I don't think the problem is on my new computer, and I don't know where to look for the problem on the older computer or the new one. Help? :)  One more question...will Webroot prevent new junk from entering the new computer from whatever weird websites my better half goes to?

On the BIG plus side I can't help but think how well  Webroot  is protecting my new computer and is correcting problems in the older computer.

Thanks again,
Maggies friend
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 6 December 2016, 23:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello maggies_friend

My best advice woud be to Submit a Support Ticket and have them check into this for you. This message sounds a little off to me. I have not heard of this before. This is a free service!

Hope this helps?