updating

• 24 November 2013
  • 1 reply

HI!  I have had WebRoot Anti-virus.  I upgraded through an email today (Best Buy), but my software doesn't see that upgrade.  What do I do to get it to stop saying that my subscription is expired?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello kobiepup and welcome to the Webroot Community!

The email you received, was it for an upgrade or to renew?  There is a huge difference.

The Best Buy Subscription Software version of Webroot was upgraded for ALL users from the 1 user AV to the 3 user Internet Security upon release of the 2013 version in September of 2012, and if you left all settings on the normal default you should have already been automatically upgraded to the 2014 version a month or so ago.

If the email was regarding your renewal, and you have followed the instructions within it to provide your credit card information to process your renewal payment, please be aware that the Best Buy billing system does not process payments in "live time".  The billing for Best Buy Subscription Services is fully automated and runs in a daily batch.  If you provided your credit card information today, your credit card should be charged on the next daily batch, which will mean your renewal will charge tonight and by this time tomorrow will be reflected on your software with the new expiration date.

I hope this answers your question, but if not please let me know!