Solved

USB Files to Shortcuts

• 8 September 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
How to stop USB File folders being changed to shortcuts. I cannot see individual files. I saw many U-Tube video's on how to fix but I could not fix.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 9 September 2019, 03:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @newmarch ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

How to stop USB File folders being changed to shortcuts. I cannot see individual files. I saw many U-Tube video's on how to fix but I could not fix.

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. This is what I have found out from researching...

Files turning into shortcuts is a common problem that happens to almost all of us. The error usually results from a virus, trojan or worm that can infect your USB flash drive, Pen drive, a micro SD card, an external drive, etc. What the virus often does is hiding your files and folders and turning them into shortcuts in small size. And files getting deleted by the virus also exits.

Now may I ask if you have scanned your usb drive with Webroot?
Just locate the flash drive that you want to scan, in Computer or via WIndows Explorer; it does not matter which, then right click on the drive icon and select 'Scan with Webroot' which should then initiate the scan and when completed present you with a panel displaying the results.

If you are still having issues then please Submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support.
This is a free service with a Webroot subscription.

HTH