Solved

View History blank again

• 22 February 2017
  • 31 replies

Execution History > Loading...

Is there a quick fix for Execution History > Loading... blank window.

Last time, about a month ago.  I was able to fix blank window by clean Webroot install.
Any idea why blank window visits my Webroot. 
WRData is only 10MBs. 

Thanks
icon

Best answer by JP_ 22 February 2017, 21:59

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 7
This isn't anything our Team has seen any cases of.

I suggest you first try doing a clean Uninstall/Reinstall of Webroot to see if that resolves the issue. If it doesn't, please reach out to our Support Team so they can gather logs to further investigate.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send us a Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Cheers,
@ wrote:
This isn't anything our Team has seen any cases of.

I suggest you first try doing a clean Uninstall/Reinstall of Webroot to see if that resolves the issue.

Clean Uninstall/Reinstall of Webroot resolves the issue.
WRData 2.75MBs

Userlevel 7
Awesome!!! Thanks so much for letting us know 

Support Ticket sent with Log uploaded. 
Userlevel 7
Argh, sorry to hear that. @

Please do let us know once they have a chance to review and get back to you.
@ wrote:

Sure, when I hear back.  I'll update thread.

Edit:  Webroot Support (Mar 13, 2017 16:34)

Hello,
According to the report from your system, Webroot is having trouble communicating with the internet.
** Note: Uninstalling and reinstalling SecureAnywhere may reset [......].
This should resolve the issue you reported. If not, please send us another message to let us know so that we can assist you further.
Thank you,
The Webroot Technical Support Team

I had already sorted View History....blank window (3rd time) with clean reinstall.  
Um, does "trouble communicating with the internet" mean History is stored Online?

FWIW ~ I think Webroot Support may have read in the log that wsalogs.exe could not upload first run. 
I run router Firewall set at Maximum Security.   Log Gathering Utility will not upload at Max.
After setting Firewall to Typical Security.  Log Gathering Utility uploads okay. 

During the three times when View History was blank window.  I was able to browse as normal.  I had no trouble communicating with the net. 

Where is History stored? Local in WRData or Webroot side Online?

All history is stored locally within WRData in C:ProgramData.
Regards,
Webroot Advanced Malware Removal Team

What does Waiting for process events... mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
All history is stored locally within WRData in C:ProgramData.
Regards,
Webroot Advanced Malware Removal Team

What does Waiting for process events... mean?

What other security apps are you using in realtime with WSA? Personally I have never seen this issue in all the years of testing WSA. Something your using or something your doing is affecting WSA.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Sure, when I hear back.  I'll update thread.

Edit:  Webroot Support (Mar 13, 2017 16:34)

Hello,
According to the report from your system, Webroot is having trouble communicating with the internet.
** Note: Uninstalling and reinstalling SecureAnywhere may reset [......].
This should resolve the issue you reported. If not, please send us another message to let us know so that we can assist you further.
Thank you,
The Webroot Technical Support Team

I had already sorted View History....blank window (3rd time) with clean reinstall.  
Um, does "trouble communicating with the internet" mean History is stored Online?

FWIW ~ I think Webroot Support may have read in the log that wsalogs.exe could not upload first run. 
I run router Firewall set at Maximum Security.   Log Gathering Utility will not upload at Max.
After setting Firewall to Typical Security.  Log Gathering Utility uploads okay. 

During the three times when View History was blank window.  I was able to browse as normal.  I had no trouble communicating with the net. 

Where is History stored? Local in WRData or Webroot side Online?

You know WSA is a Full Cloud Anti-Malware and needs to be connected to the Internet.
TripleHelix wrote:
What other security apps are you using in realtime with WSA? Personally I have never seen this issue in all the years of testing WSA. Something your using or something your doing is affecting WSA.
NoVirusThanks ERP
Sandboxie
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
NoVirusThanks ERP
Sandboxie
Well do some testing without using the other apps. Then use the other apps one at a time to see which one is affecting WSA.

TripleHelix wrote:
You know WSA is a Full Cloud Anti-Malware and needs to be connected to the Internet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

And your question is?????
No trouble with history here, either.

BD

@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Your statement was I need WSA net connection.
So, I'm showing wrsa net connection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Your statement was I need WSA net connection.
So, I'm showing wrsa net connection.

That doesn't mean it's connected. One of your other Security Programs is affecting WSA so go find out which one and let us know as I don't use either one.
after machine Restart
perhaps, Execution History Reset on my setup is happier with machine Restart

YMMV
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
after machine Restart
perhaps, Execution History Reset on my setup is happier with machine Restart

YMMV
And do you have your other Security Programs running at the same time now? May I ask what Language you speak as it seems we are not on the same page and could be a language barrier? It's hard to understand what you are trying to say and it's not only me.
TripleHelix wrote:
That doesn't mean it's connected. One of your other Security Programs is affecting WSA so go find out which one and let us know as I don't use either one.
Sure, when I find out which of my other programs is affecting WSA. 
I'll update thread.
Maybe KeePass is affecting WSA.  I usually have KeePass riding in system tray.
I've run Sandboxie, NoVirusThanksERP and KeePass for years.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I'll update thread.

Thanks
Great now we are getting somewhere! I feel it's NoVirusThanksERP and check to see if you can set WSA exclusions within NoVirusThanksERP and also check within Sandboxie for the same.

TripleHelix wrote:
And do you have your other Security Programs running at the same time now? May I ask what Language you speak as it seems we are not on the same page and could be a language barrier? It's hard to understand what you are trying to say and it's not only me.
Yes, Sandboxie, NoVirusThanksERP and KeePass are active. 

I write and speak my native language. 

re: Something your using or something your doing is affecting WSA.
Anything is possible. 

@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I'll update thread.

Thanks
Great now we are getting somewhere! I feel it's NoVirusThanksERP and check to see if you can set WSA exclusions within NoVirusThanksERP and also check within Sandboxie for the same.

Webroot and Sandboxie and KeePass as all my trusted executables are whitelisted by NoVirusThanksERP.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Anything is possible. 

So you speak English? I don't think KeePass would affect WSA but the other 2 could!
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Anything is possible. 

So you speak English? I don't think KeePass would affect WSA but the other 2 could!
Sure, the other 2 could?.  Just not obvious to me, at this time. 

Webroot Support (Mar 15, 2017 18:05)
What does Execution History Waiting for process events....mean?
This means the agent is in the process of decoding the DB that contains Execution history recorded by the agent. It is possible based on the configuration that this file can exceed the amount cached and could take a very long time to process.
Webroot Sr. Escalation Engineer
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Anything is possible. 

Sure, the other 2 could?.  Just not obvious to me, at this time. 

Webroot Support (Mar 15, 2017 18:05)
This means the agent is in the process of decoding the DB that contains Execution history recorded by the agent. It is possible based on the configuration that this file can exceed the amount cached and could take a very long time to process.
Webroot Sr. Escalation Engineer
Like I and @ said we never seen this ever and your the first so it has to be one of your other security apps that causes this issue. So keep checking to see which one it could be as i don't use them.

"Webroot Support (Mar 15, 2017 18:05)
Webroot Sr. Escalation Engineer"

Is your PC older and or slow? Why would a reboot bring it back? This tells me that something is affecting or conflicting with WSA so find out what it is.