"Waiting for Extension Webroot Filtering Extension"

Show first post

63 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@jthomasinslo wrote:
Hi - I used the link provided for the Web Filter for Chrome.  Chrome  says that Web Filtering Extension is enabled to allow access to URLs, and Web Password Manager the same.  I've rebooted my computer.  However, I'm still having the same painfully slow delay in Chrome with the "web filtering extension" message when I access some websites.  It doesn't come up for all websites, but for some.

If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm going to have to drop Webroot antivirus.  It's taking up way too much of my time!

Are you able to do this if not that's Okay! https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Webroot-Filtering-Extension-causes-quite-noticeable-slowdown/m-p/184901#M12877

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@eklan wrote:
Ticket sent

Thank You!

Daniel ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@crjindra  I'm not sure what you are saying "URL Check Box" can you give us more info please!

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

http://i62.tinypic.com/2roszsw.jpg
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
The Beta testers are using a new version and it's working well so in time they will release the new Update soon to the Public!

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@nic wrote:
Also, we just released an updated version of the web filter today - can you try the sites that were giving you problems and let us know if you're still seeing slowdowns?

Do you have the version number of the new Web Filter?

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
How about the Driver will it be active for Consumers?

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Awesome! :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
That's great to hear and I assume you have the new Web Filter 1.1.0.57?

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
Userlevel 7
You need to put in a request to Nic for access...but would say that use of the beta is really for testsing purposes and not to resolve an issue you have ahead of the release of the fix or feature through the release channel.  

A beta that goes wrong can seriously affect your system and so should not be use on main systems unless if running under a VM or with rollback facilities.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi Wizcrash

You are not confused. When you said that you where unable to use the filtering extension I assumed, wrongly, that you where a Firefox user. I should have clarified that point first. I have advised further in your other thread in which you mention Chrome.

We can continue either here or in the other thread...I am happy to do so re. either...the choice is yours. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hello @CrazyCharlie 

Sorry that the Webfilter is still giving you so much trouble.

EDIT: You can go into your browser and disable the welbfilter if you really have to.

Thanks for letting us know!

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi CrazyCharlie,

If you are using Chrome can you install the Webfilter for Chrome located here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd

Give that a whirl and let us know if that works for you. Ok?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's 1.1.0.57

It'll update for everyone over the next 36 hours.  If you uninstall and reinstall that will force an update to the new version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No that still isn't live yet - this is just an update of the existing extension.
Userlevel 7
thanks for the update baldrick
Win 7 machine here. The past week has been painfully slow. Allowing access to urls hasn't helped either. Any idea when it will be out of beta?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I have had this same problem for months now. It is getting to the point where I am comsidering changing my AV program. I have used webroot for sevveral years, but if this can't be resolved soon I will have to go back to my old prgogram.
I have this same problem with the chrome extension and I would be willing to use a beta version.  Would I have to do this for  every machine covered by my license? 
Hi - I've been having the same issue. Wanted to try the suggestion above re clicking the checkbox on the Chrome Extensions page. However, Webroot filtering extension doesn't appear on my Chrome Extensions page. Any other suggestions?
Hi - I used the link provided for the Web Filter for Chrome.  Chrome  says that Web Filtering Extension is enabled to allow access to URLs, and Web Password Manager the same.  I've rebooted my computer.  However, I'm still having the same painfully slow delay in Chrome with the "web filtering extension" message when I access some websites.  It doesn't come up for all websites, but for some.

If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm going to have to drop Webroot antivirus.  It's taking up way too much of my time!
I'm kind of chicken about making changes in my Registry, since last time I did it (following instructions from the Microsoft.com website), it led to complete loss of data and inability to reboot. Hopefully someone else with more experience can help out with the diagnosis. Thanks for working on this problem!
I reinstalled Webroot just now, and went to about 6 different websites, and so far, so good - no "waiting for extension webroot filtering extension".  So maybe you got it fixed!  Yay!
Hi,

I use Chrome for work (I work from home) and the webroot filtering extension is so painfully slow that my clients are very aggravated. Can someone tell me how to just disable the whole thing? I don't have time for these kinds of issues. Thanks much!
I have add the URL check box.  Seems to help.  Does this solution compromise the full functionality of the virus protection or other feature of Webroot?
I am trying this solution.  Is the going to compormise my security in any way?

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings