waiting for extension Webroot Filtering Extension

• 20 August 2015
  • 1 reply

I keep getting a message that says "waiting for extension Webroot Filtering Extension" when I try and go online the past couple of days.  This slows things down to a crawl, but only affects my notebook...not my iPad or Smartphone.  I run Webroot daily and it never finds a problem.  I have changed no settings since downloading and installing the program.  Any ideas?  Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello there PhoenixRobb, welcome to the Community!

I DO get that myself sometimes.  I have a rather poor internet connection to be honest, WiFi, and then sent through a repeater, so it is pretty slow by today's standards.  I have noticed that if my connection speed is particularly low, that is when I see that happen.

I would like you to Submit a Trouble Ticket with Webroot Support though and have them take a look.  There might be a slowdown with your internet connection, but it is also possible there is a small issue at Webroot's end as well that needs a quick look.  Webroot does update the Filter Extension from time to time, and we do not often have this issue reported, so I am guessing that any additional information about it that Webroot gets will be a help to everyone :)