Web protection cuestion and compatiblitlity software cuestion

• 27 October 2013
  • 3 replies

Hi everybody Im new in the comunity and recently are using Webroot SecurityAnywhere AV. I see iest have too many
 features and has ligth weifth antivirus.

I only have some cuestions about the product: 

The first one was about the web protection. I see another security products puts green marks or red marks on websearch results and webroot no. In this chase. Am I protected if i enter in a pishing site or webroot blocks it or not? I dont see a browser extension or plug in like  on other security products. I have perform a webroot clean install and clean all the traces of the previous security products  whith the manufacturer removal tool and whith ccleaner and manual clean, and dont see incompatibility issues but I know about that pishing protection or web protection whithout plug in? Is this working? how can i test it whith safety?.

Second one I want to know if webroot was compatible whith Shadow Defender because I am software tester and uuse that virtualization software because it start the virtualization from the boot and it prevent unwanted changes on my system and some infection who can bypass my security product in that chase webroot.

I wait your answer patiently and hope to contribute to comunity 

Thank you and god bless you

My OS are windows 8.164 bits and i use chrome 30 and internet explorer 11

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Baldrick

I am not english native speaker but as I can understand the next:

WEbroot are implementing a webshield whith green and red marks like browser extension and it comes slowly to all users like and update.  

But I dont understand what about the 2014 version i installed webroot yesterday and download from the oficial website (this site)
The AV version are 8.0.4.17

Hello aktiffisus and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

May I ask you what Language do you speak, maybe someone that speaks the same language can help you understand better?

That is correct the New Web Shield is still rolling out slowly to all users as it's very new and they want to keep an eye on it.

Hope that helps you will get the New Web Shield very soon but you are still well protected!

Daniel
Hi Baldrick

I am not english native speaker but as I can understand the next:

WEbroot are implementing a webshield whith green and red marks like browser extension and it comes slowly to all users like and update.  

But I dont understand what about the 2014 version i installed webroot yesterday and download from the oficial website (this site)
The AV version are 8.0.4.17

I will research about shadow defender as I say I see it not have incompatiblity whith certain security products like avast or bitdefender but are incompatible in rare chases like bullguard. I still waiting some user who use that both softwares clarify my cuestions I send a support ticket to webroot team and hope they take in count. I see a litle issue but i will open another topic for that
Userlevel 7
Hi aktiffisus

Welcome to the Webroot Community.  Glad that you are with us. :D

With regard to your first question the answer is Yes, with WSA you are protected against phishing attacks generally.  In terms of the 'famous' check marks I can advise that Webroot are in the process of rolling out (albeit slowly, as there are a lot of users out there) a new Web Threat Shield for the 2014 version.  So if you are running that version it sounds as tought you have not been upgraded yet.

As I stated before this being rolled out right now so hopefully you will get it shortly...and most likely the first that you will know that it has arrived will be when you next go into either IE, Firefox or Chrome, you will be asked if you want to install add-ons/extensions.  Once you say 'Yes' you should see the check marks to the left of entries under searches in Google, Bing, etc.

Until you that you are still protected from phishing attack by WSA's functionality.

In terms of your second question, as I do not run Shadow Defender I am not really in a position to advise, although I do believe that the products are compatible with each other...but hopefully one of the more knowledgable Community members will be along to clarify this/respond to that question in more detail for you.

In the meantime you may want to take a look at the following thread:

https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/WSA-seems-to-be-blocking-functionality-of-Shadow-Defender/td-p/62687

where one of the Community reports an issue with running the two apps but through some excellent investigation (nice one, cutting_edgetech ;)) identifies that the issue is a bug with Shadow Defender, etc.

Hope that helps somwehat?

Again, welcome...and hope to see you around some in the future.

Regards

Baldrick