Web Shield is stopping Internet Explorer from working. Turn it off and IE works fine.

• 19 November 2015
  • 5 replies

Issues with Internet Explorer 11 working.  If you turn off Web Shield, it works fine, turn it back on, IE will not load a web page.  I have used Webroot for several months with no issue, then this suddenly started in the middle of the day.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi cbbaker

Welcome to the Community Forum.

May I check as to which version of WSA you are currently running; you can do that by either hovering your mouse cursor over the notification tray icon or from the main app by clicking on the My Account tab.
be involvce
The reason I ask is a new version has or is just about to be released and I want to check whether this change may or may not be involved.

Regards, Baldrick
Same problem here.  It started with a couple of our computers yesterday, and today all the rest of them are blocking IE 11.  If I disable just the Webroot firewall, IE works again.  We are running SecureAnywhere 9.06.10
Userlevel 7
Hi hallmike

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I would suggest that you & cbbaker try an uninstall/clean reinstall.  If yo would like to give this a try then you can do this by:

• Making sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any settings if so offerred; you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If fails to resolve the problem, you may need to contact Support for assistance.

If your subscription is directly through Webroot, you will need to contact Webroot Support.  You can do so by submitting a Support Ticket if you have not already done so, or by phone during business hours.  (The online Ticketing system is manned 24/7)

If your subscription is through Best Buy Subscription Software services, you may need to call them at 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD.

Let us know how things go for you re. the above.

Regards, Baldrick
By the time I got on site to try your suggestion, most of the Webroot clients had auto-updated to version 9.06.18 and Internet Explorer is working on this version.  I manually updated the others and they are working too.  Thank you for your assistance!
Userlevel 7
Hi hallmike

Glad that yo are sorted...that is the main thing. :D

Regards, Baldrick