Solved

Web threat icons not loading 'most of the time'.

• 25 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I lost most of my web threat icons in Chrome a few days ago too … I have uninstalled and re-installed the extension. 

The weird thing is, the icons “sometimes” appear … but most of the time they are just the animated loading icon. 

I can even do exactly the same search and one tab they are showing and the other tab they are loading .. no matter how many times I reload (soft and hard).  

Chrome updated earlier today (85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and for a while all icons were fine. But now it’s back to how it was yesterday. 

They work fine in Firefox all the time. 

Here is a screenshot of two simultaneous and identical Google searches in Chrome

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 27 September 2020, 15:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1

I lost most of my web threat icons in Chrome a few days ago too … I have uninstalled and re-installed the extension. 

The weird thing is, the icons “sometimes” appear … but most of the time they are just the animated loading icon. 

I can even do exactly the same search and one tab they are showing and the other tab they are loading .. no matter how many times I reload (soft and hard).  

Chrome updated earlier today (85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and for a while all icons were fine. But now it’s back to how it was yesterday. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Upland 

Can you remove or delete the extension in Chrome then go here and install it again? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd

We will see how it goes!

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I tried as you suggested - removed the extension then added it again from the link.  It was fine for a few hours - all web threat icons were displayed correctly - but now it’s the same as before, most search pages have the loading icon. There are 1 or 2 search pages that show the correct icons but I cannot find a pattern to it. 

As I showed in the screenshot previously,  Two identical searches can be seen with one displaying the icons and the other displaying the loading animation. 

This is something I have not seen in the year I have been using Webroot - only started in the last two weeks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks @Upland for the update.

Lets try a clean reinstall of WSA!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for the reply ….

I followed the directions and everything is ok after the restart.  I will monitor it over the next 48 hours and report back. 

Thanks again

Userlevel 1

All was well for 24 hours or so … every Google search I did in Chrome had all the web shield icons as it should.  But now all my searches are back to the circular “loading” animation which never load.

Unfortunately, I have another issue now - which I will create a new topic for.  It’s to do with Webroot crashing Golang compilation/running.  It seems to be getting discussed in other forums.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Upland 

At this time it would be best if you Submitted a Support Ticket and have them look into your issues.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Thank you - will do...