When attempting to scan I receive the message:
The scan failed. SecurityAnywhere cannot reach the internet to obtain threat information.
Yet when I click Read Now tab to figure it all out it takes me directly to the internet.
How to I get it to scan? This has been going on for days now. I have had Webroot for nearly a year without problems. I am using a MacBook Air OS X 10.9.4
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
Sorry for your issues and inconvience!
Would you please do a uninstall and reinstall of Webroot?
To fully uninstall the application from the Mac, simply move the icon from the Application's menu to the trash. After doing so, you will be prompted to 'Uninstall' the program. By confirming this window you will remove the additional information from the Mac Library where we store some of the files needed, including the log data.
Mac - How to Install SecureAnywhereYou can install SecureAnywhere on Mac OS X 10.7 and above. An Internet connection is required to install the software.
To install the software:
Now it's time to create your account:
I use Safari, Chrome and FF without any issues with connections with WR. Fortunately!;)
. So please let us know what support tells you so we can help other Mac users.
Thank you so much for that information and updating us.. The Webroot Support team will get you all fixed up and you will be good as new!
Have a nice day Dawn!:D
After upgrade, WSA shields were up but no scan would work--not even post-install. I ran a scan--to repeat the error message for tech support...and the scan worked! Could not keep the tech on hold while searching for an answer. So will call again if problems persist. Later, noticed in activity monitor: "WRBackNSync (Not Responding)" and when I click on it in online console an empty page loads that says: "Invalid Context.". But I really haven't finished setting it up and security is first for me.
So what happened?! I am not qualified to say. And since my hunger for knowledge has been known to incite the patronizing and pompous "Genius" types I am not eager to say. (Don't see ANYONE here like that but you know the type who don't answer questions, who instead, remind you to never touch the registry? Well before I moved on to Mac, I touched my registry all over--and I liked it.) But I found some WR Community members with similar problems and said I would share whatever I found...so I looked in Console and logs and one problem may be because Mac blocked my WSA update.
Review of logs (Activity Monitor/select options/then run system diagnostics) were of interest for Mac's App Store. WSA and all updates are controlled there and since Mac's validity check is not done till Thursday currently--my upgrade was not accepted till Mac's catalog was updated--right before I called WSA tech support today! (I DO appreciate that Mac keeps things simple and working...but can't be the passive user they may prefer.)
Random Log Details:
"SoftwareUpdate: Fired early. Should check=FALSE...
Oct 8 23:16:20 Ds-Mac-mini.local softwareupdated (200): Removing client SUUpdateServiceClient...
Oct 8 23:16:20 Ds-Mac-mini.local softwareupdate_notify_agent (501): AssertionMgr: Cancel com.apple.softwareupdate.NotifyAgentAssertion assertion for pid 715
Oct 8 23:16:20 Ds-Mac-mini.local softwareupdated (200): Removing client SUUpdateServiceClient pid=715, uid=501, installAuth=NO rights=(), transactions=0 (/System/Library/CoreServices/Software Update.app/Contents/Resources/softwareupdate_notify_agent)
Oct 9 00:36:44 Ds-Mac-mini.local softwareupdated (200): Proceed with full scan based on intervening install (including Webroot for Mac OS X at 2014-10-08 21:06:55 +0000) (last scan: 2014-10-08 08:30:11 +0000)...
SoftwareUpdate: Catalog Not Modified since last scan..."
Then Mac's catalog updated and without notice, Mac allowed WSA to update.
Research leads to a dead end when an OP forgets to share how the problem was resolved. So I shared my thoughts based on the info I have at present.
The scan failed. SecurityAnywhere cannot reach the internet
I have done everything suggested here and with two tickets I raised with webroot. They have stopped responding so I am hoping to get some insight here.