Solved

Webroot and Catalina

• 8 October 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
I just updated my macbook and I didn't know that WS was not compatible with the update. I am now not able to open WS at all. Will WS ever be compatible with Catalina? If so, do I just wait until it is and it will work again? Or what should I do since they aren't compatible?
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 8 October 2019, 22:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @haihudds Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

Sorry to hear that you have WSA installed on macOS Catalina and they are not compatible at this time. If it was me, I would uninstall WSA and wait for the compatible version of WSA. We can also ask the Webroot Employees @freydrew @EFurtado for their opinion on what to do.

If you are unable to uninstall WSA from your Mac computer Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.
Badge +1
Same here. Seems odd Webroot has not already addressed this. Yet another thing to add to my time to change antivirus software again list 😞
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi all,
We have an update ready from our Product Manager: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18/product-update-wsa-for-macos-catalina-10-9-19-340620
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
The notice came days after Catalina. Why hasn't Webroot's QA group done any basic upgrade testing to catch this bug prior to Catalina's release?
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
For those who cannot uninstall WSA because Catalina won't let you do it since the application is technically running.

1. Boot into Mac OS X's safe mode by holding the [shift] key during bootup.
  2. Open up the terminal application.
  3. Follow the set of sudo commands to remove the application and kill the processes running from WSA.

I've had to use these commands every time I did a wipe of my system b/c WSA doesn't let the user do an uninstall that easily, at least back in High Sierra days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Mac Users: May I suggest that one does not use Sudo Commands if you are unfamiliar with the Sudo Commands on a Mac. You can brick your system if applied incorrectly.

It's best to submit a Support Ticket and they will send you the right Sudo commands for your Mac.

Please look HERE.