Solved

Webroot and Easy Anti-Cheat?

• 11 February 2022
  • 7 replies

So what’s the time frame for a permanent fix for the issues between Webroot and Easy Anti-Cheat?

I created a support ticket a while back to get this fixed, but after learning you need remote access to my PC in order to fix it, I decided not to continue. 

I managed to fix it myself by uninstalling Webroot, let the game (Black Desert Online) open up it’s menu and then install Webroot. It’s been working fine until now, where they sent out a patch.

/Mikael

icon

Best answer by TylerM 11 February 2022, 19:20

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey there @MikaelS11 ,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues running BDO with Webroot. Because Easy-Anti-Cheat and Webroot both work within the Kernel to secure user processes, they can, by definition, cause problems with one another.

Since one fix for a certain game may not work for another, the best option you have is to call or send in a ticket to Webroot support in order to fix your specific issue: http://webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Thanks and let us know how it goes!

Hey there @MikaelS11 ,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues running BDO with Webroot. Because Easy-Anti-Cheat and Webroot both work within the Kernel to secure user processes, they can, by definition, cause problems with one another.

Since one fix for a certain game may not work for another, the best option you have is to call or send in a ticket to Webroot support in order to fix your specific issue: http://webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Thanks and let us know how it goes!

Yeah.. no.

The support ticket (and most likely the call too), will just result in a Webroot Agent, wanting to remote access my PC. That is unfortunately not an option.

I merely want to know how far in the process Webroot are with finding a more permanent fix than me uninstalling Webroot every time BDO has trouble.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@MikaelS11 ,

In order to explore a fix for your specific issue, they need diagnostic data. There is no inherent issue between EAC and Webroot according to our support team. 

If you’d like to explore a solution, you will have to contact support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@MikaelS11

We’ve already released an update for Back4Blood that had similar issues, However we are still working for games like Battlefield and BDO.

We have a process in place to get your machine playing these games with Webroot installed, but you do have to have an agent to remote onto your computer - there is no way around this. I believe there were originally instructions on how to do this yourself, but they vary based on a myriad of things including OS, versions, registry, etc and people were posting instructions given to them for their specific OS situation for other people on other gaming forums. As you can imagine this not a good idea and we intended for these instructions only to be followed by that specific person and their OS situation as analyzed by logs from the support team. 

As of right now, all fixes have to come from a support agent who will remote onto the computer. 

If this is not an option for you then be on the lookout for when we release our monthly updates article that we feature on the homepage. 

Thanks!

@MikaelS11 ,

In order to explore a fix for your specific issue, they need diagnostic data. There is no inherent issue between EAC and Webroot according to our support team. 

If you’d like to explore a solution, you will have to contact support.

Perhaps not an inherent issue, but a quick google search, shows a lot of people with Webroot, having issues with EAC. 

While I understand the need for diagnostic data and I know it is probably a matter of tweaking something in Webroot, surely development/support must have enough data to go on? This is not something that is unique for my setup/PC.

/Mikael

@MikaelS11

We’ve already released an update for Back4Blood that had similar issues, However we are still working for games like Battlefield and BDO.

We have a process in place to get your machine playing these games with Webroot installed, but you do have to have an agent to remote onto your computer - there is no way around this. I believe there were originally instructions on how to do this yourself, but they vary based on a myriad of things including OS, versions, registry, etc and people were posting instructions given to them for their specific OS situation for other people on other gaming forums. As you can imagine this not a good idea and we intended for these instructions only to be followed by that specific person and their OS situation as analyzed by logs from the support team. 

As of right now, all fixes have to come from a support agent who will remote onto the computer. 

If this is not an option for you then be on the lookout for when we release our monthly updates article that we feature on the homepage. 

Thanks!

Thanks TylerM,

I come from a Support function myself, so I know how difficult it can be trying to help out those with problems. And while I understand that a more hands-on approach can be most beneficial for your Agent to troubleshoot, in my case it is just not an option. 

I’ve read that the BF2042 fix works for some on BDO and was kind of hoping for a file transfer of some sort with some fixes in it.

If I can provide any information in regards to OS, system setup etc that can be of any help, I am of course eager to help out, just not through remote access :)

/Mikael

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@MikaelS11 

I really would recommend creating a ticket with Support. We’ll do our best to get your problem resolved even if support agents aren’t allowed to remote onto your computer. Once you have a ticket we can find out more about your unique situation and perhaps solve or provide instructions without the need of remoting

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227