Webroot Anyalyzer

• 10 January 2014
  • 2 replies

When I run my Webroot Analyzer it tells me 2 things

1. Webroot tells me that " There are highly fragmented files which is impacting performance " I have 'Defraged' my pc but my 'System Reserve' is at 3% fragmented, and will not let me 'Defrag' it.

2, Webroot aslo tells me " An active process has a possible memory leak (explorer.exe) I looked into this and alot of these issues are that 'explorer' is running around 300 megs and up, Webroot has not found a solution to this but I was hoping someone can lend some of there great ideas into how I can resolve these 2 issues? Thank you so much in advance

-Matt

2 replies

Userlevel 2
same here. I would like to know the answer to that also. Though i suspect microsoft doesn't want either of these revealed.
Userlevel 7
Hi imatt75 / Zimuka

There is no answer to these as far as I know as (i) the System Reseved partition is something that should not be trifled with for very good reason and in fact that it is claimed to be fragmented has as far as I know little or no effect on a PC's performance, & (ii) explorer.exe has always been viewed as having a memory leak as far back as I can remember...and if MS hoven't done anything about it then I doubt that they ever will unless they replace the .exe with something new. :(

Not much help re. resolution I am afraid...but hopefully explains these a little more?