I make calls through Google Voice when at home since I have no phone signal. I recently renewed my WebRoot subscription and the platform updated to the 2021 version of Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus (according to the interface.) Suddenly my microphone no longer works when I’m using it in any browser. I tested various browsers, disabled browser extensions, and checked both browser/Windows microphone permissions. Microphone does not work until I turn off WebRoot. Something in the software is blocking my microphone and I cannot figure out which setting it would be. The help page on WebRoot’s different “Shield” settings is vague and hasn’t given me any answers; I did find another community post from years ago here that had a similar issue that recommended checking Active Connections, but as the browsers do not appear as active connections in the interface, this solve hasn’t worked for me. Would definitely appreciate help, since I cannot narrow down which setting it is and it is ridiculous to me that I would have to disable my antivirus every time I want to make a call.
Best answer by TripleHelixView original
Webroot doesn’t have a year to there products anymore so there is no 2021 version as you can see in my picture.
But v18.104.22.168 is the latest version see here:
So if you continue to have issues please Submit a Support Ticket and talk to them so they can help you.
I don’t see any issues with my Mic so I can’t say.
Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.