Webroot Carbonite Popup - Not going away

Yes I have rebooted as the “help ticket” as suggested.   

Whenever I reboot my machine and I am fairly regular about that the pop up keeps coming up to sign up.  I have and yet its still there.

It doesn’t do this on my desktop only my laptop and will not go away unless I click it away.  I will say that I created the account from my Desktop machine and the problem is on my laptop. 

It is very annoying and there should at least be an option to disable those sorts of things.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

@SantasWorkshop 

I’m sorry that this is still happening to you as most of our users have it go away after you close it out. 

In order to resolve this I suggest you contact our support as they should be able to resolve your persistent message issue.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Strange. I have not seen this pop-up for quite some time now. Even quitting and reopening Carbonite, rebooting, etc, I see nothing  anymore. I wonder if your program is not updating?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Strange. I have not seen this pop-up for quite some time now. Even quitting and reopening Carbonite, rebooting, etc, I see nothing  anymore. I wonder if your program is not updating?

Carbonite or Webroot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

BOTH! I see no pop-up on either service. (On several machines as well.) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

BOTH! I see no pop-up on either service. (On several machines as well.) 

So this message thing has been happening on both products…. OMG. I seen it once and closed it on WSA for Consumer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Oh, sorry, let me make myself more clear. I see no pop-up on either product. I do not know if it effected both products. Sorry for the confusion. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Yeah this in-product-messaging was only on WSA and again, was only supposed to be a message that you can close out and not really see ever again. If there are people that are STILL seeing it persist then likely there is an installation issue and support would want logs from the machine before fixing to find out why some installations are still getting this message

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Yea, to be honest, I did not remember where I saw it. I just saw it twice and then never again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@TylerM How do I generate logs to show that the issue is ongoing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@AV1 ,

To access logs open WSA and click on the gear next to Utilities. Then select the Reports tab. There you will see the options to save either the threat log or scan log. Once you have chosen where to save log it will open for you to read.