Battle.Net Launcher was created by Blizzard Entertainment. It’s used to launch all their games. I’ve used both Battle.Net Launcher and Webroot for 7+ years and I’ve never seen this before.
Webroot Threats Detected:
It says it’s the Launcher which ends with: “exe.50.10808.temp”
Does anyone else use Battle.Net Launcher, or has anyone seen this before? I trust Blizzard, so I don’t want to jump the gun here or do anything hasty like remove Battle.Net, but this is definitely a first.
Help much appreciated.
Best answer by TripleHelixView original
Can you upload the file that is detected to Webroot? http://snup.webrootcloudav.com/SkyStoreFileUploader/upload.aspx
Also can you supply the MD5 hash from a Scan Log (It should be near the bottom of the scan log)and post the line here? https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingReportsAndViewers/SavingScanLogs.htm?TocPath=Using%2520Reports%2520and%2520Viewers%257C_____1
After looking at a the alerts I’ve seen, it’s a false positive. Place a ticket to have it whitelisted.
I will upload these files if the problems persist. I got a new alert upon relaunching the app, and this time it was “W32.LocalInfect.2.” Webroot quarantines them each time, but I suppose the discussion among me and some friends at the moment is why this is happening after so many years of no issues. I’ve never had to manually go in and whitelist anything from Blizzard in the past. Thank you for the replies.
If you can’t supply the info I asked above then it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out. There’s only so much we can do on the Community!