Solved

Webroot Detected Malware in Battle.Net Launcher (First I've ever seen this in 10 years)

• 31 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Battle.Net Launcher was created by Blizzard Entertainment. It’s used to launch all their games. I’ve used both Battle.Net Launcher and Webroot for 7+ years and I’ve never seen this before.

Webroot Threats Detected:

Malware Group

W32.Trojan.Dynamer

It says it’s the Launcher which ends with: “exe.50.10808.temp”

Does anyone else use Battle.Net Launcher, or has anyone seen this before? I trust Blizzard, so I don’t want to jump the gun here or do anything hasty like remove Battle.Net, but this is definitely a first.

Help much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 31 March 2021, 22:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @R-Michael85 

If you can’t supply the info I asked above then it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out. There’s only so much we can do on the Community!

Thanks,

I will upload these files if the problems persist. I got a new alert upon relaunching the app, and this time it was “W32.LocalInfect.2.” Webroot quarantines them each time, but I suppose the discussion among me and some friends at the moment is why this is happening after so many years of no issues. I’ve never had to manually go in and whitelist anything from Blizzard in the past. Thank you for the replies.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@R-Michael85 

After looking at a the alerts I’ve seen, it’s a false positive. Place a ticket to have it whitelisted. 

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Can you upload the file that is detected to Webroot? http://snup.webrootcloudav.com/SkyStoreFileUploader/upload.aspx

Also can you supply the MD5 hash from a Scan Log (It should be near the bottom of the scan log)and post the line here? https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingReportsAndViewers/SavingScanLogs.htm?TocPath=Using%2520Reports%2520and%2520Viewers%257C_____1

Thanks,