Solved

Webroot displaying the UAC prompt on reboot

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Webroot wants to make changes to windows at every boot of Windows 10.  I  have to click yes each time for Webroot to load.   This is something new either from my update KB 5013887 or a change in Webroot code.  Also, had another issue, but that is in a separate post after this update.  Tries 3 times now and always get asked by Webroot to make changes, I don’t want to change my UAC settings because of this issue.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 6 June 2022, 16:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I always do an image before updates, the  KB 5013887  was not the problem.  Webroot update on it’s own which I don’t care for and should change.   I know I have it checked it can update, but wish it would notify me it did an update.  Maybe it does and I don’t know where to look?  Also, would like to see update history made to my PC, much like MS does.  I still get the UAC message box asking to allow Webroot to change disk on reboot even after restoring image prior to the KB 5013887 update.   I also get an annoying pop up to create a new myaccount- I already have one, don’t need a new one.    I may uncheck auto update, but then does it ever tell me there are updates or do I just need to check. 

Does support look at this forum or do I need to call in and make a ticket?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @diverjer 

It’s best to contact support via the Ticket system! Also the create a new my account continues to be an issue for some so mention that to support as well.

Webroot Customer Service

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks, right now I am not getting the UAC message or popup.   Perhaps there was an update recently?  I show software version 9.0.32.58.   The UAC was constant  so that had to have been fixed.  The popup to create a new myaccount was just every now and then, so it might show up later? 

Is there anywhere where I can find the releases along with dates? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

See

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/support-consumer-release-notes

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks, right now I am not getting the UAC message or popup.   Perhaps there was an update recently?  I show software version 9.0.32.58.   The UAC was constant  so that had to have been fixed.  The popup to create a new myaccount was just every now and then, so it might show up later? 

Is there anywhere where I can find the releases along with dates? 

v9.0.32.58 is the current release https://community.webroot.com/home-product-releases-27/consumer-pc-agent-version-9-0-32-58-351169 and I don’t have UAC on as I use another much better program, if you want more info send me a PM.