Lately when opening some particular web pages, IE11 becomes unresponsive, and I can't click on any links. After a few seconds IE11 starts working again. Disabling the filtering Extension immediately correct the issue on all pc's (four)
A example www.rtlnews.nl (a dutch online newssite)
Uninstalling en reinstalling Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus 184.108.40.206 doesn't solve the problem
No other security product installed
Webroot Filtering Extension 220.127.116.11
I already opend a support ticket.
To me it looks like Webroot Filtering Extension can't handle the many external links that are embedded.
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
Have you got the latest updates from Microsoft Updates installed?
And if you have opened a Support Ticket will you let us know if that helps because we all are Volunteers here helping others the best way we can. We do have alot of knowlegable Forum members here like Baldrick and TripleHelix!
So come on back and join us!!
Have tried the site you mentioned, under IE11, and all I get is:
Web Site Not Found
Web Site Not FoundSorry, we could not find any content for this web address. Please check the URL.
If you are an Acquia Cloud customer and expect to see your site at this address, you'll need to add this domain name to your site via the Acquia Network management console.
Could there be something specific about that site (and the others that you are having issues with) and WSA? DO you have any other examples of sites exhibiting the behaviour you have seen/are reporting?
All pc's are up to date. Support ticket open. Nothing particular about the site. The problem happens on any site's with a lot of contents.
No problem. Thanks for correcting and reposting. Have just tried the new link and I have to say that I was fairly zipping around the various pages under IE11 with the filtering extension enabled, so am not sure what the issue is.
It could be that the extension is not properly installed...although I find it starnage that this would be the case on all four PCs, so perhaps the next thing to try is to download a fresh copy of the installer, uninstall WSA, REBOOT, reinstall using the fresh installer copy (making sure that you do not import any previous settings if offerred), REBOOT again, and then see if that has improved things for that PC compared to the others.
Other than that please provide other examples of sites exhibiting the behaviour you have seen/are reporting, and I will check some of those out too.
Thanks for those...I use bleepingcomputer extensively and have never suffered any slowdowns in browsing with IE11/WSA...am just checking out the Guardian website to see if I can spot it being any slower on IE11 than when browsed with Chrome or FF.
For testing I used the compatibility mode within IE11 on the first website. rtlnieuws.nl
And gues what, I'ts works. The web layout is not correct, but no problems with the filtering extension.
And like I already posted I'm up to date with Windows and IE11 updates.
2x Win 7 x32 IE11 and 2x Win 7 x64 IE11
Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the following steps closely:
But with my cellphone I recorded my problem.
Two mp4 files......and I'm not Steven Spielberg 😃..
One is almost 20mb and the other almost 12mb.
- Webroot's log-gathering utility. Sent.... no reply
- For the issue you are reporting, we would like to work with you directly over the phone to resolve this as quickly as possible....For contact information in other countries, click here. When the Contact Us page opens, click the tab for the country that works best for you. Ok , great no problem...in Dutch please......ok that's a no go....
- Hello, Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. In order to address the issue you reported, please uninstall and then reinstall Webroot SecureAnywhere using the special steps below. ... Basic uninstall and removing any leftovers.
At this point Btw....I see more and more topics with Webroot Filtering Extension problems...what's the next step for a costumer with 2 licenses for a total of 6 pc's with more than 500 days left.
At this moment I have decided to stop using any webroot product.