webroot filtering extension null

• 5 January 2014
  • 8 replies

Been used to webroot security extension giving me green, brown and sometimes red when I google an item
Today I googled my local YMCA a site I've used many times.  Security extension didn't give ma color but rather the word null in front of the site. 
I have no idea what this means and it looks like security extenison is malfunctioning.

I also googled a term I had used a day or two ago with no problem and some of the sites that I had used again have the word null in front of them.

Puzzzled

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +16
Confirmed the same problem here but a refresh of the web page (just reload the page) shows the proper icons.  Looks like this is a server lag (could be Webroot's Brightcloud, search engine or ISP's feed); sometimes it takes a moment for all the information to sync up.
Userlevel 7
Hello tigertheboo and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Yes, this has been an issue for the last couple of days.  Webroot is aware of it, and they are working to fix the problem, but we do not have any more information than that at this point.

Keep an eye on the Forums here as I am sure that there will be some form of announcement when it is fixed, but due to the number of separate threads regarding this issue it is likely that they will not manage to make that as a reply to all threads dealing with it.
tried refresh it refreshed but with the same 'null' occuring am using most current version of firefox as browser on a vista business machine
thank you
just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
thank you
just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone
No, you aren't 🙂  As noted above, the problem is a little bit intermittant, and sometimes reloading a search will help, but sometimes not.
Userlevel 7
Hello tigertheboo, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
(Are you same tigertheboo as on the late PC Tools Forum ?)
Yes and I recognize your name too.
Been only using this forum when in need found i was spending way too much time on the previous forum.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Yes and I recognize your name too.
Been only using this forum when in need found i was spending way too much time on the previous forum.
Any questions or you need help, just post them on the forum.
You've come to the right place for quick answers and help. Good to see you again. ;)