Solved

Webroot installed A Firefox Extension....can't get rid of it.

• 4 December 2013
  • 5 replies

Without my knowledge, consent or permission, Webroot installed whats called: "Webroot Filtering Extension" in my Firefox browser.
Webroot's extension does not provide a "Remove" button which all ofher Firefox extensions have.
Nor does it have an uninstall option through the conrol panel. 

icon

Best answer by explanoit 4 December 2013, 16:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello lllottolll and  Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

It's needed for the new 2014 Web Shield for IE, Firefox & Chrome are only supported.

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
No it's not....I turned off Webshield.

BTW,  what's up with your Tagline? Is it a vanity thing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Have it your way! Sure why not don't you like my Tagline?

Daniel
Userlevel 7
1) The Signature graphics are provided by Webroot to the members of the Community.

2) At this time, I would suggest that you submit a Trouble Ticket regarding the inability to remove the Web Threat Shield extension for FireFox.  As it is an integral part of your protection, and while I am not sure why you would wish to remove it, that is of course your decision to make and your computer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
(Sorry for feeding the troll)
To address llottolll and give background to other members about Triple:

It's important to establish trust when in a support environment. This is a forum primarily run by volunteers with input by Webroot staff, so most users first interaction will be with someone not associated with Webroot. Showing the qualifications of being a (I think founding) VIP member of ASAP, being a recognized VIP, being a recognized expert advisor, and being a Microsoft MVP is important. 

Not to kiss butt, but TripleHelix is a Microsoft MVP, which is an amazing qualification granted by Microsoft only by nomination of the Microsoft professional community and decided on by a board of review. We're lucky to have an MVP, especially a Consumer Security MVP, posting here. There are only 76 of them. On the planet.

He's been doing consumer security support on forums across the internet for a decade. That's something I know not because he told me, but because I knew about him before I joined this forum. Frankly, his signature could be a pink pony for all I care.