Webroot is slow and fussy

• 1 October 2013
  • 36 replies

Since a while ago Webroot has been acting a little weird. Installers sometimes take forever to load and my Autohotkey scripts are occasionally blocked. I've allowed the exes in detection configuration but it doesn't seem to help.

I know Webroot is at fault somehow because when I disable Webroot there's no slowdowns or blocked executions.

Does anyone know what's causing this?`:@

36 replies

Still having troubles.

Here's one of the scripts that I use that's being blocked like every third time I run it.
Send ^+!, ; global hotkey set in Dopus (exits dopus)Sleep, 1000Run, "C:Program FilesDirectory Opusdopus.exe", C:Program FilesDirectory Opus 
Userlevel 7
I had to look up Directory Opus to see what it is.  It looks like it's a replacement for Windows Explorer.  @ can probably tell us if the nature of the program has something to do with the issue.  Until then, have you tried adjusting your heuristics settings down a notch or two?  The nature of the program strikes me as something that may set off a heuristic flag.  It would be good to know whether or not adjusting heuristics settings has any impact on the issue.
Yes it's a file manager.

My heuristics are set pretty low but, the weird thing is, why don't I get any confirmation dialogs? I should at least be getting a window asking me what to do with the file I'm trying to run? Because I have that setting turned on.

Edit: Also, if I run Dopus from the Run window for example, it doesn't get blocked. Only when I run it via my script.
Userlevel 7
Have you confirmed that the script works 3 out of 3 times when Webroot is disabled?
Not as of yet. I'm gonna do some troubleshooting and report back!
Userlevel 7
I`ll have a look at the program now and see If I can reproduce said behaviour. 
I have run the script several times now with Realtime Shield disabled, and it has worked every single time. With Realtime shield enabled, The script works maybe 60% of the time.
Userlevel 7
Weird.  I will have to defer to our threat researchers on this issue to ensure the files are whitelisted, if they should be whitelisted.  @, any success in your investigation?
So yeah, thanks for the feedback...
Userlevel 7
I apologise I have been working on a number of different things. I was unable to reproduce any unusual behaviour using the standard (Opus+WSA)settings. I dont know your exact setup so my test setup may not reflect the exact setup you have. Is your script just closing Opus waiting for a set time and then reloading it?
Send ^+!, ; global hotkey set in Dopus (exits dopus)Sleep, 500Run, "C:Program FilesDirectory Opusdopus.exe" Yeah, pretty much.