Webroot knocking out a threat!

• 23 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello Webrooters,

For Gamers and for all others I just wanted to brag about Webroot protecting my PC the other day. My Grand children who are of a young age was playing Fortnite on my laptop which they installed over the internet. I was on my Mac computer which is in another room and I was looking on my Online Account Console and saw a Red — One or more critical items require your intervention. which was showing up red for that PC that the kids were on. I yelled from the other room you guys get off that computer it’s got a virus on it. They got really upset and said how did we do that? I said it is from playing that online game and you installed that game 4 times in my download folder and something must of popped up on the screen or something. My Grandson said there was a popup box that kept popping up and he kept trying to exit out of it. So I got a screen shot and opened up Webroot and did a scan and it removed the threat easily and quarantined it like it should. So my point is if I hadn’t been on my Online Account Console I may of not discovered the threat so soon.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Adware! Glad Webroot is detecting more Adware and PUA’s and PUP’s!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thank you Daniel for looking that up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thank you Daniel for looking that up. 

Yeppers!