Webroot no phone number to call, no help!

• 17 November 2018
  • 4 replies

This is my first and last time I ever buy Webroot, sucks! One cannot call anyone, no help, and can't even log in without security code first and 4th letter. This really sucks! I don't know any security code, maybe I lost it. I was just trying to find out my account and see if I need to buy more. Amazon got powerful and strong because they have people to talk to, ways to communicate, and easy log in process. How many companies like Webroot curtail their growth exponentially by making login so very hard. Walmart has taken a clue from Amazon but not Webroot. All the people I know that might want Webroot, why bother? Cannot log in easily!!!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello BobF1, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
Sorry you're having problems logging into your Webroot Account. When you made your Webroot account you were asked to make a Security Code. If you haven't already made a Webroot Account, please look at this KB Article 
If you have already made your account and forgot the security code you made, please hit the link "Forgotten Security Code" and your code will be sent to you by the email you set up your account with.

If that does not fix the problem, Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
@ If ProTruckDriver's response didn't help you I did want to make sure that you know we absolutely do have awesome telephone support - I sat with them them when I started to get to know about the business and they really were excellent and very helpful.

All the phone numbers can be found on this page.

In general the Security Code would have been chosen by you when you created your account. As a Security Company we are always trying to help our customers stay secure - to help with this you will be asked for random characters from your chosen security code when you login. That said we are absolutely aware that this isn't optimal and are aiming to support a range of multi-factor authentication options in the future.

If you have forgotten your Security Code our support team will be more than happy to help.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
For completeness, here is the support article on changing or recovering your password or security code.
Badge +5

Webroot technical support may be awesome, but good luck contacting them.  They only work during certain hours on weekdays only, and I have opened five support tickets without response.  I tried email and was told to call the technical support number, only to be told I would be on hold for one hour approximately.  They keep telling me a confirmation email has been sent but I have received no emails (and yes, I checked my bulk and junk email folders).