Webroot Password Manager Not Working

• 26 September 2018
  • 39 replies

Show first post

39 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
When I first installed Webroot Complete years ago, there was no option to disable the Password Manager feature. I tried to make it work with my LastPass without success (install, re-install, repeat). That's when I reverted to Webroot Antivirus. I am glad to know that now you can disable the Password Manager in Webroot if desired.

In my opinion, I always thought that Webroot Complete should have detected my LastPass installation and not install the built-in PWM by default. That would have been a very elegant solution.

Again, I am pleased that now you have the option to disable it. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I am unable to find anyway to disable PWM ( I use WSA complete btw). Could ProTruck kindly give clues please!!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I am unable to find anyway to disable PWM ( I use WSA complete btw). Could ProTruck kindly give clues please!!
Look in the Browsers Extensions.
Userlevel 2
Well it has now been since 9/24 that password manager has not worked.  It has been since early October since I have heard anything from Webroot support about the issue.  I have sent two messages since 10/18 and no response.  Does anyone know whether they have abandoned the password manager module or have en estimate of when it will be working again?  Or is it time for us all to officially give up hope it will ever work?  This has been the worst customer service experience have have had with an app or service provider and that includes the cable company!
Well, for what its worth; I understand the office has a great Ping-Pong table.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the belly laugh. 
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
heres another  belly laugh

I can now log in to password program and there are no passwords

i guess it will take another month for the 'hero' engineers to figure out this one too. 

thanks for nothing

Userlevel 2
well it is now the Holiday shopping season and once again, or is is still,  the genius engineers can't figure out how to make the password module work.  Same error code reason = ajax error.  Good thing I downloaded the passwords and have them saved the last time it worked briefly. 

Really doubting how good the important things like the virus scans and malware modules are if the password module keeps failing like this.  Can't wait for the license to expire and move on. 
@ wrote:
well it is now the Holiday shopping season and once again, or is is still,  the genius engineers can't figure out how to make the password module work.
See this (and the following posts) and this to get a better angle on what is happening. Far from ideal, I admit, but it does help better understand what is going on.

EDIT: but I see that you have also visited and contributed to that thread.

@ wrote:
Really doubting how good the important things like the virus scans and malware modules are if the password module keeps failing like this.  Can't wait for the license to expire and move on. 
See this (written just 4 weeks ago).

In truth, there is a strange incongruity between the sheer excellence of Webroot's malware modules and the (imho) mediocrity of many of its bells and whistles, this perhaps being highlighted more than ever before by the current problems with its Password Manager.

Please don't confuse the one with the other (and if you have the patience—and I fully understand if you don't :(—wait and see what Webroot come up with their solution to this problem—see also this).
Userlevel 3
Badge +15
I also have had this problem. I use Firefox. After several support tickets on this problem of NO password manager ... the tickets were closed.
To me they need to refund us all for paying for a software that INCLUDED a password program .... with NO word that it only works on ??????. $$ are due back to us all .... OR ... an immediate fix.
If this is a 3rd party program ... as we have paid for what we have not received ... Webroot should immediately send a working password program as an update with an email notification and instructions as to how to get ALL the passwords/sites into the new program.

Yes this is work .... but that is the name of the game! They buck stops @ webroot!!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
@ wrote:

To me they need to refund us all for paying for a software that INCLUDED a password program .... with NO word that it only works on ??????. $$ are due back to us all .... OR ... an immediate fix.
If this is a 3rd party program ... as we have paid for what we have not received ... Webroot should immediately send a working password program as an update with an email notification and instructions as to how to get ALL the passwords/sites into the new program.

Yes this is work .... but that is the name of the game! They buck stops @ webroot!!

Ive had the same problem ongoing since Sept, I recently filed a complaint with the FTC. Webroot is advertising and selling a product that they either cannot or will not support which is called consumer fraud. I spoke with someone from the sales area and asked about a refund, was told it was over the 60 day return policy, etc he got very nasty and hung up on me. Im very much convinced webroot has no concern in correcting this issue 
@

I agree with what you say except your last statement:

@ wrote:
 Im very much convinced webroot has no concern in correcting this issue 
Not true (unless you don't believe the following: this (and the following posts) and this (for Webroot's timeline for correcting this issue). Far from ideal, agreed, but not the same as what you say in your last statement.

Btw, if Webroot Sales reacted in the way you say, and if the context you describe is accurate, that would be certainly inappropriate.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
@ wrote:
@

I agree with what you say except your last statement:

@ wrote:
 Im very much convinced webroot has no concern in correcting this issue 
Not true (unless you don't believe the following: this (and the following posts) and this (for Webroot's timeline for correcting this issue). Far from ideal, agreed, but not the same as what you say in your last statement.

Btw, if Webroot Sales reacted in the way you say, and if the context you describe is accurate, that would be certainly inappropriate.
Thanks for the link, I had not seen that but No, I dont drink koolaide and I stand by my statement that I don't feel that Webroot is invested in correcting this issue.

I work in IT and I understand the release cyclce etc for any kind of new release or patch. 6 months to fix a production issue would not work in my shop, its unacceptable by any measure. 

I have my FTC complaint in and i hope many others file as well         
@ wrote:
I have my FTC complaint in and i hope many others file as well         
Good for you (I haven't btw as I've never used Webroot PWM ;)). If possible, do keep us posted. Thanks!

(Latest reflections from the Community stalwarts on this issue to be found from here onwards)