Webroot Personal Security Report pop up at boot up

Userlevel 1
This statred happening last week and now has become a bit annoying. Is there a way to stop the dialog box from popping up in the Notification area in Windows 8.1 at boot up. I'm having to click the X to make it go away each time.

Thanks for any input.

And I did submit a support ticket but they suggested reinstalling the program ... :8

87 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Just wanted to apologize for you getting this issue.  It's one that we have been working on and thought we had fixed, but it still seems to be a problem for some users.  Have you talked with our support team yet?  If not, please do so that they can get this escalated and documented for the dev team.  I'll also ping our escalations team to come take a look at this post to make sure they include it in their writeup.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I just got back confirmation that this is actively being worked on for the next version release, so I'll let you know when that is live.

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I just got back confirmation that this is actively being worked on for the next version release, so I'll let you know when that is live.

Awesome!  Maybe I will actually be able to see it.  Oddly enough, given those who complain that they cannot seem to get rid of it, I never get to see it.

🙂
Userlevel 1
Thank you for your responses and information on getting this resolved. I'll be looking forward to the fix in the next patch. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

Hi Nic do you know what they are doing? Removing it completely or making it Optional?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Hi Nic do you know what they are doing? Removing it completely or making it Optional?

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
I think they're:
a) allowing you to open it on demand
b) making you be able to dismiss it for a specific period (something like "dont' show me again for 30 days")
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
I think they're:
a) allowing you to open it on demand
b) making you be able to dismiss it for a specific period (something like "dont' show me again for 30 days")
That sounds... pretty much exactly like what we asked for on the Idea about it.

Awesome!!!
I have the same problem with this stupid popup recurring & it's very frustrating. I just dropped Avast because of their added garbage to their paid subscriptions & now I am dissapointed again. I agree with the previous posters about wasting time uninstalling/reinstalling, as it should be addressed by the developers...not a happy camper.
Userlevel 7
Hello driver_27, welcome to the Community!

According to Nic above, there may soon be significant changes in how the Security Report is presented.  As his post was only a month ago, the changes may not yet be quite ready, but it is on the way 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah it's still in the works - should be out soon.
I have the same problem, it's been a week and I still see the view notification report. How can I make it stop?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello mets1,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

If it's been going on for a week, would you want to do a clean reinstall?

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Kind Regards,