Solved

Webroot popup

• 1 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Lately, at random times the Webroot banner pops up in the lower right corner. It’s the same one that shows when the program first loads. Is this due to an update or is something amiss. Curious. TIA

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 1 October 2022, 01:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @cyberwasp 

Have a look here to see if there are any Dump Files at the bottom, it’s just Webroot restarting for what ever reason and if you need more help then contact Webroot support as they can help you better and have other tools to use.

C:\ProgramData\WRData hidden area.

As you can see I don’t have any.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket 24/7/365

Call 1-866-612-4227  during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

Thank you. There are 2 dump files, so I submitted a ticket. Was surprised I couldn’t attach the files!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

They will send you a file called wsalogs.exe so you can send them to support along with other info from Webroot and system and no personal info!

Make sure you wait for a reply as it might take a few days!

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

NP, not in a rush.

Userlevel 2

FYI: They had me uninstall it and dl a new version. Apparently, the program doesn’t check itself!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

FYI: They had me uninstall it and dl a new version. Apparently, the program doesn’t check itself!!

So it’s up and running well now?