Webroot protection

• 29 October 2015
  • 2 replies

I have Webroot and today and yesterday I was tossed off the web and email because my Provider Frontier said my email was comprimised and that there was malishis email sent from my email address. I ran a scan and was informed that there was no virus and I was protected. So what good is it to have Webroot if I am not protected

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Mcw14

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I should however point out that WSA does not have anti spam or malicious email component; it will scan the links in emails and obviously any attachements that are delivered via email as and when they are opened/executed.

If I were you I would change your email provider as their behaviour towards you is in my opinion unhelpful & unprofessional...they should be trying to help you with the issue rather than doing what they are doing to you.

If you are concerned that there may be an underlying malware issue with your system then please Open a Support Ticket so that the Support Team can take a look for you...the service is a free service for all WSA users with a current /active subscription.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Adding to ? post ....is another one by Baldrick as well;)

Please have a read here on this post

Hope this helps?