Solved

Webroot randomly closes itself

• 23 February 2014
  • 4 replies

It has done this 4 times already either in the middle of a scan or just randomly throughout the day.

icon

Best answer by Cro68 24 February 2014, 02:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Cro68

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

Have to say that what you describe is a new one on me.  As part of the 'closure' do you get any other indication of a problem, i.e., unexpected pop up or message, etc?  If so then make a note of it and if it happens each time, etc.

However, in the first instance I would recommend that you download a fresh copy of WSA, uninstall the current version of WSA, reboot & reinstall WSA from the fresh download (making sure that you say 'NO' to any offers to import or use previous settings that the installer may offer during the process).  Also, make sure that you have your keycode avaialble as you will need to enter it at the start of the install process.

Give that a go and see if the 'closure' stop.  If so great...if not then I would recommend that you Open a Support Ticket so that the Support Team can take a look at you system & the installation of WSA on it.

Hope that helps?   Do post back to let us know how you have gotten on, what transpires, as it will assist us in helping users in the future who may post about a similar or the same issue. ;)

Have a great rest of weekend.

Regards

Baldrick
Well i did that and it seemed to work for a while but it ended up starting to close again so i checked my computer it seems that when i had my norton removed due to a switch in anti-virus providers from the company i go with they didnt completely remove norton which for some reason kept closing my webroot so i ran norton removal and now its been fine for the day so far!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Well i did that and it seemed to work for a while but it ended up starting to close again so i checked my computer it seems that when i had my norton removed due to a switch in anti-virus providers from the company i go with they didnt completely remove norton which for some reason kept closing my webroot so i ran norton removal and now its been fine for the day so far!
Thanks for coming back and letting us know what the solution was!
Userlevel 7
Hi Cro68

As Nic says...thanks for posting back as to your solution.  I was thinking along the lines of possible contention with other security apps, but because WSA usually works so well (in fact it is designed to) with other mainstream security apps...I doscounted the possibility...well that will teach me...and proves the adage...you are never too old to learn something new.

One for the 'reponse to new thread post' checklist.

Cheers

Baldrick