Solved

Webroot runs FOREVER on Win10 Startup

• 9 September 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a 16GB 2TB SSD Win10Pro 64bit chip and OS.

Webroot always (!!) runs forever on restart or cold-boot.  What’s “forever” or couple hours +++.  Via Task Manager I can’t stop  it; I can’t re-prioritize it; I can’t pause it; I can’t do anything but reboot then it goes on its sucking up my CPU 100%++ and slowing my SSD down to an absolute crawl.  I am beginning to intensely hate Webroot inspite of many great things it has done for me in the past many,many years.

So,I did modify my Startup options and things are better..  a little but I have NO, (ZILCH, NADA) trust in Webroot  at Startup anymore!!!!!

First, how can I terminate it when it’s running since I have Admin privileges but not the Admin?

I turned off these and Restarted:

Webroot Installer (got reset to ON after my restart): High Impact

Webroot Installer (got reset to ON after my restart)  Why do I have TWO  listed?: High Impact

Webroot SecureAnywhere (still turned off but the Webroot System Tray icon is ‘active’ afaik)

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 9 September 2020, 21:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Hans Solo 

The best thing to do is Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you.

It’s a known issue so please have patience with support until they get back to you as they are dealing with this bug and many are seeing it so there very busy.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, it should be 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19.

Sorry I can’t do more,

Tx.. I did… You were VERY helpful

We’ll see… ;-((