Solved

Webroot secure anywhere solution agreement popup keeps popping up

• 13 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello,

I just created a Webroot account, and message board account just to post this question.

Today (December 12, 2021) I renewed my Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus coverage via a digital download activation key. (3 computers, 2 years).

The 3 computers now have the new, extended coverage, however, the Webroot secure anywhere solution agreement pop up keeps popping up even though I keep pressing the ‘agree’ button. Once, I noticed it popped up 3 times in about 5 minutes. I never had this issue when I was on the previous activation key.

It’s Webroot Secure Anywhere CE 21.4  and its software version 9.0.31.84 “latest version

I read another similar question posted here, from November 2020, but Webroot didn’t answer, the author of the original question posted that Webroot recommended they uninstall, then reinstall Webroot, which is very inconvenient for me to do with all 3 computers.

Part of the reason why I decided to ‘register’ the key and create a webroot account was in the hopes it might stop the pop ups. We will see, but Hopefully there is some other quick easy fix.

thanks

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 13 December 2021, 17:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Wax_Bean_Sandwich 

I’m not sure but you can try a clean reinstall on one system to see what happens and if it continues I would contact Webroot Support!

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 3

Thanks TripleHelix,

well, so far, after creating a Webroot account, and ‘registering’ the activation key, I have not seen the pop up.

I don’t use all 3 computers frequently, so I will need time to see if the popup is really gone, but so far so good.

I just figured this might be a well-known issue, and that there might be some ‘hack’ (like editing some computer file, and changing a 0 to a 1 LOL!) so the Webroot program would stop asking for solution agreement.

Yes, if the popup returns, I will try the fresh reinstall.

Thanks again for the reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@Wax_Bean_Sandwich  it was an issue awhile ago and we haven’t seen any reports until you mentioned it so if it continues let us know and contact Webroot support.

See here:
https://community.webroot.com/got-a-question-10/keep-getting-popup-for-end-use-agreement-347278

Here: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-complete-14/user-agreement-keeps-popping-up-repeatedly-after-wr-registration-345676

Userlevel 3

@Wax_Bean_Sandwich  it was an issue awhile ago and we haven’t seen any reports until you mentioned it so if it continues let us know and contact Webroot support.

Will do. One note: The original Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus installed last year was from a physical DVD disk.  That activation code had 20 days left on the activation, but I wanted to purchase a 3 computer, 2 year activation code digital download from Walmart. It was “out of stock”, so when it became available, I immediately purchased it.

I was not sure how long the activation code would be valid, so I installed immediately (hoping the new coverage would be added to the existing 20 days remaining….….it was not).

Maybe the fact that the previous activation code was still valid was confusing things, or maybe there was some incompatibility between the new access code and the currently installed Webroot program.

Meh, who knows. so far it appears to be working now that I’ve registered. I usually don’t like registering for software because then I get solicitations, spam etc.

Thanks again for the information, have a great holiday season!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@Wax_Bean_Sandwich 

Any new keycode will not add the time you have left only renewals via Webroot directly or Best Buy Geek Squad Subscriptions. Well 20 days is not bad (Sorry) but just for future reference using different keycodes that will happen.

Thanks and happy Holiday’s!