Solved

Webroot Secure Anywhere update question

• 11 September 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
Hello!  I have the above product (paid edition) on 2 pc's.  (Hope I'm posting in the right place?)  my 1st, question is there a way to do a manual download of your updates? 

2nd. Are exclusios needed if I run Malwarebytes Preminum &  SAS + Windows Defender?   thank you for your time!  regards......
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 11 September 2018, 01:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi REmoVer454

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You are in the right place and lets see if we can help you.

To answer your 1st question; simply right click on the notification tray icon ('W' in a Green circle, in the bottom righthand corner of the task bar), and select 'Check for updates' from the context menu displayed. This is the simplest method. But there is another more convoluted way via the main UI.

To answer your 2nd question; in terms of running WRSA with any major security app ee should be no issue as WRSA is designed from the ground up to work well with them. So 'No' you should not need to add exclusions in WRSA...I cannot say that this is the case for Malwarebytes Premium,  SAS or Windows Defender, in germs of whether they need WRSA excluded within their setup. I have not heard of this being the case.

But, if I may, I would say that you have little need to run WRSA and the aforementioned...your are perfectly well protected just using WRSA...and using the others at the same time will just add a drain to your system's resources. If you feel you must use something else in conjunction with WRSA then I would ditch SAS & Windows Defender and stick with MBAM. That will be more than enough in my opinion, and experience.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Badge +1
@  Thank you very much for the information!  Looks like a cool program. Have a good week..

regards, REmoVer454