Webroot Secure Anywhere- Windows 10 compatability

To download Windows 10 it appears we will need to uninstall Webroot. I understand Webroot wanting to wait until Windows 10 is "gold." However, what about your customers who want the Windows 10 upgrade now? Do we wait?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Well I'm running the Preview of Windows 10 and I have to uninstall Webroot with every W/10 update. If you are installing Webroot before W/10 goes gold then you can uninstall and reinstall Webroot accordingly. It's just that Webroot won't be supported as you know until W/10 goes gold. So it's up to you to wait or not.

@ any comments here?

Kind Regards,

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated! I haven't done a lot of reading up on Windows 10. I'm assuming it comes with some kind of anti-virus protection that I can use until Webroot awards gold status? Please advise. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Redlight212,

Well I just run Webroot and I don't have an issue with this Windows Preview. I do know that Windows 10 comes with Windows Defender. So that is some protection.

Let me see what @ can add to this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
WSA works very well on Win 10 Previews and the current Build 10130 both 32bit & 64bit and Webroot will have WSA ready for when Win 10 is released at the end of July so no worries there!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉