Solved

Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus requests admin privileges on startup

When I login to my user account on my Win7 Ultimate 64-bit machine, Webroot SecureAnywhere always requests UAC admin privileges with the shadow-box screen.

Is this normal?  Is Webroot installed correctly?

Thanks! 
icon

Best answer by Kit 5 March 2012, 02:14

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 3
Hello,

Sometimes this means that you have compatibility mode turned on for the Webroot SecureAnywhere software. Please try and turn off compatibility mode for our main Webroot application called "WRSA.exe". Below are the steps to access the file.

1. Go to Start
2. Go to Computer or My Computer
3. Go to the C: drive
4. Go to Program Files
5. Go to the Webroot folder

From here try and right click on WRSA.exe and go to properties and then the compatibility tab. Try and turn off the compatibility mode and then save the settings by pressing "Apply" and then "Ok". You can then try and restart your computer and you should not be alerted by UAC.

Let me know if that works.

😉
Well compatibility mode wasn't on, but per your instructions I did find a thing that reads "always run this program as administrator", I haven't restarted yet, but I bet that will help.
Userlevel 3
Hello,

Let me know if that works otherwise I would recommend creating a support ticket with us so we can start to troubleshoot the issue.

Contact Webroot Support

Nope that didn't work.  I restarted and got the same message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Nope that didn't work.  I restarted and got the same message.
Then it's best to do as Michael said Contact Webroot Support and they will be happy to help you! Contact Webroot Support

TH
Userlevel 7
That is correct.

SecureAnywhere will prompt for Administrative priviledges in the event that it is set to run as administrator (which it should never be set to, mind you).  However numerous other things can cause the same symptoms.  For example, if a "PC Tuning" utility or other item disables the service, the same thing will occur. 

Since there are enough different things that can cause it, getting in contact with support and running the WSALogs utility will be your best bet.  If you have contacted support but have not yet run WSALogs, you will want to download it here and enter the same email address you used to contact support when you run it.  It will gather system information necessary to diagnose the cause.

(edit is to include the support link)
If it should never be set to be administrator, then why is it???  I never set it so.  And what is the procedure to cure, it blocks ME from being administrator in my own computer!
Badge +1
Is your problem solved ? I have the same problem recently
Badge +1
Sorry to bump in but I am having the same issue. I have tried all 3 methods of uninstalling Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection. I log into the dashboard to manage the client. I have even set it to unmanaged and still keep getting the message "It is necessary to log in as an administrator to access this feature. I just want to uninstall and reinstall. I have logged a support ticket about the issue I am having but have not heard from support for 3 days. The original ticket from 8 days ago support told me to turn off Windows Security notifications as it is a Windows issue but this did not resolve the issue.

Userlevel 7
Sorry to bump in but I am having the same issue. I have tried all 3 methods of uninstalling Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection. I log into the dashboard to manage the client. I have even set it to unmanaged and still keep getting the message "It is necessary to log in as an administrator to access this feature. I just want to uninstall and reinstall. I have logged a support ticket about the issue I am having but have not heard from support for 3 days. The original ticket from 8 days ago support told me to turn off Windows Security notifications as it is a Windows issue but this did not resolve the issue.

Sorry for the delay in your Support Ticket @tauro I'll ping our Forum Administrator @LLiddell to investigate what has happen to your Support Ticket.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@tauro I contacted our support team about this, and they are going to be reaching out to you here shortly.
Badge +1
THanks. Yes they have contacted me. I will post solution here later.
Badge +1

I’m seeing the same issue on a Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga.  I even tried under safe mode.  I must say I am investigating for a friend and when I saw the low quality graphics image I came looking to see if webroot was a hack of the system.

I have the same issue  after upgrade CPU and mobo, I already submit ticket and upload the logs. waiting for the support to contact me.

I have the same issue  after upgrade CPU and mobo, I already submit ticket and upload the logs. waiting for the support to contact me.

as my webroot will not launch after pc starts nor I can start it.

I am bumping this as well. I created a support ticket but my CPU usage is so high 90%+ with Webroot. I can’t uninstall - even though I am an admin it says I need privileges to uninstall. MY computer won’t let me do anything!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @hughtrue  and @resjes ,

Sorry you are having issues as many are seeing the same and only support can help you so please have some patience as they are busy with this issue!

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, it should be 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the labour day long weekend.

Sorry again,

I’m having the exact same problem and tried all the suggestions above. Nothing seems to work. Open a support call and ran logs. Waiting for a response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks @yikping  yes wait to hear from support! Support is busy so have some patience please.

Same issues when I try to uninstall or startup windows. I can not get Webroot to even open up to run scans anymore so i am stuck. Will have to open a support ticket and see what happens as I have 730 days left and would love to use this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @befriendlyordie 

Yes support will sort it out for you but they continue to be busy so just have some patience please.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Sorry for bumping too: Having the same issues as @befriendlyordie and @yikping . Seems to be a wider spread issue. Will follow the resolution. Thanks for posting your findings and replies from support.

Userlevel 1

It seems that the WRSVC service is not able to start up anymore. It fails, and there are events like

The Windows Security Center Service was unable to load instances of AntiVirusProduct from datastore.”

and

The WRSVC service is marked as an interactive service.  However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services.  This service may not function properly.

It appears that the latest Webroot Update 9.0.29.51 introduced these problems….?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @befriendlyordie@yikping   @jpt60 

You can try this as it helped these 2 users? https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-internet-security-plus-13/webroot-av-stopped-working-since-last-update-344929?postid=360625#post360625

Thanks,

Hello @befriendlyordie@yikping   @jpt60 

You can try this as it helped these 2 users? https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-internet-security-plus-13/webroot-av-stopped-working-since-last-update-344929?postid=360625#post360625

Thanks,

This is the fix for me and it was easy. Thank you so much @TripleHelix for the support otherwise I’d be sitting here waiting for another week and still no luck.