Solved

webroot seems to be causing kbdclass.sys bsod in win10 with ms keyboard

Show first post

30 replies

Badge +1
I'm having this exact same problem - rolling back drivers hasn't helped. 
I'd love to get this registry patch so I can continue using Webroot until it gets properly fixed. 
Thanks!
this is bloody annoying cos even with the registry patch workaround, somehow 5 pc's in the office (using ms keymo) were working fine then somehow a win update came around then bsoded with kbdclass.sys and corrupted the wkrnl.sys rendering the pc unable to boot.

After restoring wkrnl.sys, reboot was slow, then proceeded to bsod with kbdclass.sys again! This time i pulled out the wireless ms dongle reapplied the patch via a vnc session! but still bsoding after the reboot!

got frustrated and replaced all of the 5 ms keymouse with a logitec one and are now humming nicely!
Userlevel 1
I recently started have the Driver IRQL not less than equal BSOD.   I too have the MS wireless keyboard.   So the fix is to remove the dongle and use a differed (wired) keyboard?  What comes next?  Is there some fix or patch so I can go back to my wireless keyboard?
I appreciate the attempt of giving this fix bt it did not work with my Microsoft 2000 wireless keyboard/mouse. I have purchased a different AV software and the kdbclass.sys blue screen problem is gone. Faster start ups too. I was happy with Webroot for a couple of years. But W10 Anniversary did it in. 
Check Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 Manual- guideusermanual.com/product-name-wireless-keyboard-2000-manual&po=674982&lang=English , fix your issue by following all troubleshooting instructions written in it.