Solved

Webroot Software Incompatability

• 11 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
My Windows 10 upgraded yesterday. After turning on my laptop today this Error popped up:

I am not using a mac nor do I have any apple software on my laptop. I also cannot click the "Learn what to do" button. Windows Security also doesn't seem to detect anything wrong with Webroot. Any idea what caused this or how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 11 October 2019, 03:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @mct17 Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. ☺️

This Pop up you are seeing is for Mac Computers. Please notify Webroot about this pop up.
Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave

I'm also pinging our Forum Manager on this problem @freydrew
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hello @mct17 (and thank you, @ProTruckDriver!) -

Our in-product messaging runs at a license-level. If you have any Mac licenses alongside your PC licenses, you will see the same alert on both. You should be able to dismiss it. There is no impact to Windows operating systems from the Catalina OS update.

If not, as @ProTruckDriver points out, please open a ticket with support.

Thanks!
Ashley
Badge +1

An interesting approach to in-product messaging, even more interesting is that it doesn’t show on my Mac but shows on my PC. Are you doing something about this? or should I be worried that you can’t tell the two apart!

Badge +1

This has been ongoing for a few weeks now, I hope there is compensation for the loss of days whis has been unavailable.