Solved

Webroot Stole Administrator Rights

• 23 May 2021
  • 4 replies

I recently had a long issue with uninstalling Webroot where unless using an -uninstall prompt, the software had no offer to uninstall. Then Later when trying to wipe the software’s files it left on the computer (pretty much everything except the .exe file) I ran into the issue of Webroot claiming I do not have system rights despite I being the only user as well as an administrator account. I have attempted taking ownership of the leftover files but nothing has happened besides the software posthumously refusing to leaf (haha) my hard drive.  This is a very unique issue ive come across which ive only seen in virus software which even then I had some success of removing. Please may someone help me obliterate these files off my computer so I may have a neat install of Windows 10, Thank you and Sunday’s Blessings.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 24 May 2021, 20:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Then contact support and they will help you remove it.

Technical Support

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @WebRoot IS AWESOME 

Uninstall Webroot using the Run Command: "C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall

If it doesn’t work try again in Safe Mode with Networking!

Then Delete these folders if still there in Safe Mode.

• C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder

And that should do it.

Hello @WebRoot IS AWESOME 

Uninstall Webroot using the Run Command: "C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall

If it doesn’t work try again in Safe Mode with Networking!

Then Delete these folders if still there in Safe Mode.

• C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder

And that should do it.

Yeah not working, thank you though

almost 24 hours and no response from higher ups, this makes me feel not inclined to accept others later