Solved

Webroot System Analyzer Results

• 21 January 2015
  • 7 replies

Webroot indicates that the Window firewall is disabled, but under the start menu the firewall is on.  Webroot is also saying that no anti-spyware products is installed.  No virus have been detected since Dec 2014.  Thought Webroot was anti-spyware?
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 27 June 2019, 18:11

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi aspen133

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Can you advise as to exactly where you are seeing WSA advise of this.  I have never seen this warning about the WIndows Firewall within WSA.  Are yo sure that it is not WSA informing you the the WSA Firewall is off?  And if it is then all you should need to do to switch the WSA Firewall on is to click on the PC Security tab to reveal amongst other the 'Firewall' control button which you should slide to 'On'.

In terms of WSA "saying that no anti-spyware products is installed", again I have not come across that or anywhere within WSA to show that.  Are yo usure that yo are not confusing the Windows Action Centre with WSA, and I have heard of the latter reporting what you have seen in terms of spyware protection?

Please let us know and we can try to help further.

Regards, Baldrick

Try to turn on Security Center in services. Then go to Control Panel, Action Center, Security. Turn on options concerned with Webroot. Confirm requests. Shut down antivirus and then run it again.
Userlevel 7
If @'s instructions are not successful for you, go ahead and give these steps a try:

1. Click on the Start button.
  2. In the search bar at the bottom of the Start Menu, type "Services" and click on the result "Services" under Programs.
  3. Scroll down until you find "Security Center" and double-click on it.
  4. In the window that comes up, find "Startup type" and change the selection from "Automatic (Delayed)" to "Automatic."
  5. At the bottom of the window, click "Apply" and then "OK."
  6. Close out of all the windows and restart your computer.
I'm eager to hear what ends up being the resolution!
Badge +1
My system analyzer keeps saying I have no antispyware installed. I don't see on webroot a box that says Antispyware,to check.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Robert Russo and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

System Analyzer is just a baseline tool so don't take everything it says as if it is written in stone.

Personally I don't use it and don't care what it says, also Webroot is your full Anti-malware including spyware (Antispyware) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware

a28fd053-33a5-42e8-9779-c71b17524e62.png

HTH,

Badge +1

If System Analyzer is useless then why is it there misleading us? Please correct this so I know that I have anti spyware installed and that the ‘leak’ is not real. Very disconcerting and probably will not recommend product to others until fixed.

Userlevel 7

If System Analyzer is useless then why is it there misleading us? Please correct this so I know that I have anti spyware installed and that the ‘leak’ is not real. Very disconcerting and probably will not recommend product to others until fixed.

Please see this post from over 3 years ago:

https://community.webroot.com/got-an-idea-29/remove-system-analyzer-from-all-products-and-just-leave-it-as-a-standalone-downloadable-app-263631