This is on a Windows 10 laptop but on a Windows 7 laptop , everything is good

How to resolve this issue?
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 3 July 2019, 22:52

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Yea MBAM is not a Full Blown Anti-Malware and should not be used alone but with an AV like WSA and if you need help cleaning this system Submit a Support Ticket and ask them.

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
That's odd that you would have a reading "No Anti-Spyware Products Installed" When Webroot does detect Anti-Spyware. I would try a clean Uninstall /Reinstall and see if you get the same readings again.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If you are getting the same readings as before I would submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Thank you @ProTruckDriver

Currently for that laptop, Webroot is still cleaning out 1000's of malware. It has taking some
36 hrs to scan and it is deleting these malwares

I would need to wait out until this cleaning process is done before I can do the steps
that you have stated above.

This laptop was used by a former employee and we can only reload the laptop OS
after we have clean and backup its data

Are you serious? If it had that much Malware I would do a clean OS reinstall as I could never trust a device so infected.
Userlevel 7
Hello @anthoncom

Please see THIS THREAD. @Baldrick explains the results of System Analyzer. I wish Webroot would do away with System Analyzer since it is useless on my Win 7 and Mac computer.

See THIS IDEA by @TripleHelix

HTH,
Dave
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Thanks @ProTruckDriver

Clarifications on memory leaks are good.

But what about "no anti-spyware products is installed"
is of great concern here?

Are there independent tests on antispyware presence using other third
party products if the analyzer is no good?
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Thank you @ProTruckDriver

Currently for that laptop, Webroot is still cleaning out 1000's of malware. It has taking some
36 hrs to scan and it is deleting these malwares

I would need to wait out until this cleaning process is done before I can do the steps
that you have stated above.

This laptop was used by a former employee and we can only reload the laptop OS
after we have clean and backup its data
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Sorry @TripleHelix

We have little choice as that laptop contains some of the most important data and that we haven't
back it up yet due to the heavy malware infestations.

We are cleaning it up first (using webroot) before we can backup the data.
only after this, can we reload the OS !

Previously we were using malwarebytes which has proven to be useless. It didn't
identify any of these malwares.