Solved

Webroot won't uninstall spyware

Webroot found a threat that is called Android Mobile Tracker (com.android.settings.mt). When I try to remove it, Webroot says "cannot uninstall app".  Is this a false positive?  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 3 May 2014, 23:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
We have seen a few posts asking about that particular file.... please submit a Trouble Ticket (link below in my signature area)

If you don't mind, please let us know what Support has to say about it.

Here is Webroot's response to my query re Android Mobile Tracker (com.android.settings.mt)
*****************************************************************************************************
Hello, 

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. 

It does appear the detection in question was a false positive. We have re-evaluated the definition detecting the application you report and corrected the false positive on our end. Within the next 24-48 hours we will release a new definition set with those corrections and you should no longer see that detection. In the meantime, you may choose the option to "Ignore this threat" and this will prevent Webroot from displaying the alert again for that particular app. We appreciate your report and thorough troubleshooting! 

Regards, 

The Webroot Mobile Threat Research Team 
Userlevel 7
Hi WhitworthU92

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Glad to see that David's suggested course of action has been successful and that you can safe secure in the knowledge that the file detected is indeed an FP, and should be sorted out very shortly.

Regards

Baldrick