Solved

WebShield blocking Filehippo, why?

• 24 October 2012
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 3
I am using Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials software and it is preventing me from visiting Filehippo.com. This site is extremely reputable and has been known for years upon years. I also use Filehippos update checker and your software is preventing it from loading the Filehippo site.

www.filehippo.com
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 27 October 2012, 06:02

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 3
strange, i can now visit Filehippo but I can also visit an adult site that has always been blocked.
Userlevel 3
update: I restarted Firefox browser and now Filehippo and the adult site are blocked again. Not sure what happened but I guess I was unprotected by the web shield for a given amount of time and received no warnings?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm not showing Filehippo being blocked? Are you sure it's WSA or one of your Firefox add-ons?

TH
Userlevel 3
filehippo.com

yep its showing blocked by WSA. Same popup I get as usual asking me to allow or block, page dims.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I tried IE9, FF & Opera with your link and it's not being blocked for me also http://www.brightcloud.com/support/lookup.php shows it to be clean!

TH
Userlevel 3

pelaes see attached video for confirmation
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
And me nothing? Can you check your Website Filter to see if it is listed there? https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/agenthelp.asp?n=Changing_Web_Threat_shield_settings

Thanks,

TH

Userlevel 3
it is empty 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We will have to wait for a Webroot Staff member to confirm tomorrow but I believe it's a false positive in any case as I use that site many times for downloads.

TH
Userlevel 3
okay that's perfectly fine :)

do you think it could be my other Webroot settings? I have "strong behavior and cloud heuristics" set to maximum.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
okay that's perfectly fine :)

do you think it could be my other Webroot settings? I have "strong behavior and cloud heuristics" set to maximum.
No as I have mine Maxed out also. Can you do a scan and try that link again after to see if it is still being blocked?

Thanks,

TH

Userlevel 3
did the can but still no luck
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok thank you very strange that it's blocked for you and not for me!

TH
Userlevel 3
something really strange is happening. I can now visit filehippo with FF but not IE and i can visit other sites I know are blocked with FF but not IE. If i restart FF then they are blocked again. Something is glitching..
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I would suggest you contact the Webroot support inbox so they can have a look at your logs so they can shed some light on your issue. https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp? I would of suggested that you do a clean reinstall but only after you contacted support and they get your logs first.

TH
Userlevel 3
okay i will, thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your very welcome and please keep us in the loop! ;)

Cheers,

TH
Userlevel 3
been a few days and i have not received any response from support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry to here that and is Filehippo still being Blocked for you?

TH
Userlevel 3
it is no longer blocked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
it is no longer blocked.
That's a good thing.

TH

Userlevel 3
actually, its not blocking anything with FF but it is with IE. I visit an adult site using FF it permits it, IE it blocks it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you please do a clean reinstall? Uninstall reboot and download a fresh copy from Here and install and make sure you have a copy of your keycode as you will need it during install! Then try your links again to see if it's still working the same or fixed.

TH
Userlevel 3
the logs will disappear though, you are okay with that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
OK before you do that can you download this log gathering app and run it using the same email address that you contacted support with and reply to your ticket that you uploaded wsalogs to them. http://download.webroot.com/wsalogs.exe Then do a clean install to see if it fixes it or the problem remains.

Thanks,

Daniel