Solved

Website is being blocked, why?

• 3 November 2013
  • 2 replies

I received the next message:

I'm sending you this message from work.
I love your website but I can no longer access It at home.
I use Webroot anti-virus and they have you listed as a threat.
Can you contact them and find out why?

Link removed for administrative review for possible Spam! Also please note that this site is not being Blocked Triple Helix

This is a rather huge site with over 13 million pages indexed by google,  and google has not reported any malware on any one of those 13 M  pages.  But there are at least 100 M pages inaccessable by search engines, and some of them may be affected.

Thanks in advance  for any help.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 3 November 2013, 13:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello VallHall. Welcome to the Community. I can visit the two websites fine. WSA does not block them. And the website reputation site of Webroot, Brightcloud also shows them to be clean. I'm not sure the message you have received is correct. Maybe the person that sent the message got the blockage before Webroot whitelisted the sites.
Userlevel 7
To add on what PIInfinity said, if you continue to receive such messages you can do a couple of things: submit a Trouble Ticket with Webroot Support to double check that it is not being blocked, or to have it reviewed if it is.  NOTE: URL's are usually requested to not be posted in here.. if you can edit your post to remove it that might be best.

Also, if the page is in use by that many millions and you have only received one comment about Webroot blocking it, it could be simply that something has gone wrong with that one persons computer and it is that computer that may need assistance such as reinstalling Webroot.

I also have no problems in accessing the sites.