Well,Im impressed with WEBROOT!

• 29 September 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
{moderators,if this is the wrong board,email me,and move to the right one...lol}

WEBROOT came with my new LENOVO laptop ,several months back.

Since the year 2000   I've done, NORTON,MACefee,AVAST,AVG etc.....

Every one of those...I had to delve into every nook and cranny to get to work better.

WEBROOT...has made me a tad lazy,....
After changing  initial basic  settings....
SO FAR----WEBROOT has blown away any previous antivirus I've used before!

Hoping this  keeps happening..

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Glad to hear it and welcome to the community!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear Tracer and thanks for the comments!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi Tracer

Thanks very much! We do like to hear this sort of feedback (all feedback is good but this sort is the BEST). :D

Hope that you stick about and have some fun/learn a little or a lot in the Community.

Regards, Baldrick
Hi Tracer, and welcome to the Community Forum.

Great to hear your story! But I'm even lazier!! In the past, I liked to tweak the initial settings, but after reading a post by Joe who was until recently Webroot SecureAnywhere's chief architect, in which he said he left his own computer with the default setup, I decided just to install and forget. Not only has that made life even easier, but it seems to work perfectly for me.

Btw I have a similar history to you. I moved from one AV to another, having problems with each; most seriously of all, they didn't seem to keep me clean. Then I discovered Prevx in 2006, which was acquired by Webroot four years ago and on whose architecture SecureAnywhere has been built. Since then, first with Prevx and now with Webroot, I have encountered no problems (and that's now eight years and counting).

Glad to hear you're so chuffed with Webroot SecureAnywhere but not surprised: Welcome to the club 😃.
Userlevel 7
You know, Muddy, I reckon that yours and Tracer's story of how you ended up using WSA is very much the same for a lot of the members...including me.

I was using KIS for many years, then I was introduced to Prevx by Triple Helix (way, way back) and along the way ended up alpha & beta testing Prevx3 and Prevx4, the later of which has become WSA...and by the way, we are all lazy with the settings as the defaults work very well...but it is nice to have the option to tweak simply...ratehr than some of the complex features one finds in other AVs/ISs.

Cheer, Baldrick 
Userlevel 1
i was too i compaired it to other brands and this is the that stood out