Solved

What caused WebRoot SA to stop executing in Safe Mode, Win10

• 29 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Longtime user of Webroot on Win10 (all required updates installed)., no other antivirus software installed. On Nov. 26, a web site popup warned “Computer Infected by Virus”. Shutdown, rebooted, and ran Webroot Secure Anywhere CE 21.4., version 9.0.31.84. No infections found. Rebooted in Safe Mode. A momentary arrow showed, then stopped, and Webroot would not load & run; no error popups, or similar. Shutdown again, and repeated, with same result. I don’t see many viruses, but when I do, the above is my default procedures. My last infection was Jul. 27, 2019, and Webroot executed in Safe Mode then, as it did prior to that infection (probably less that 2-3 earlier times total).

What do I need to do to cause Webroot to execute in Safe Mode, Win10, and what caused it to stop?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 29 November 2021, 19:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @JamesHankins 

You need to run WSA in Safe Mode with Networking but it will not run in safe mode alone.

Thanks,

Thank you kindly. Although I’ve never checked “network” in the past for Safe Mode reboot. On my own, very early before light EST. I chose to try adding “network” for the reboot. It worked, as you described. My suspicion was because of the WSA implementation of “cloud” as the source for updates, WSA would not be able to run without the network as part of Safe Mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thank you kindly. Although I’ve never checked “network” in the past for Safe Mode reboot. On my own, very early before light EST. I chose to try adding “network” for the reboot. It worked, as you described. My suspicion was because of the WSA implementation of “cloud” as the source for updates, WSA would not be able to run without the network as part of Safe Mode.

Right!

Cheers,