Solved

What is the file, cr_sdk_01138292.tmp?

Userlevel 2
  • New Voice
  • 5 replies
What is the file, "cr_sdk_01138292.tmp"?  Is it anything to be concerned about?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 5 June 2016, 19:37

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
? Hello, and Welcome to the Community Forums.    

Are you possibly using a Canon scanner, or similar, as the file seems (from research) to be related to that. 

Userlevel 6
Hello FDR,

It appears to be a Temp file from Software Developer tools such as .Net framework and Visual Studios, ect. It is safe, nothing to be concerned with. You can actually use a tool Such as Ccleaner to clear those Temp files.

This type of temp file can be associated with applications like Adobe Lightroom for example.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
? ?  I agree Lucent  just use the Ccleaner and the temp files will go away!

Always,
Userlevel 2
Thanks for your reply.  I have an Epson Printer/Scanner but it was not in use.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello again ? and thanks for the further info. And as ? has said, it is likely not something to be concerned about, especially if your Webroot scans are showing clean, and my advice would be to ignore, or just delete the file.  

Userlevel 2
Thanks for your reply.  I have Adobe products and used them for years and previously have not received any warnings about this file type.  Recently I updated Corel Painter 2016 maybe it is the culprit.  It is only because the HitmanPro message just started a few days ago that I thought to ask the question.  I do use CCleaner, Malwarebytes and Webroot.  HitmanPro is the only program that finds this file in, "C:WindowsServiceProfilesNetworkServiceAppDataLocalTemp".  Hitman labels it as "Suspicious" and the default suggestion is to "Ignore".  I will do just that, ignore it.

Thanks to all who replied.

Userlevel 2
Thanks for your reply.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
Thanks for your reply.
You're very welcome @ as we also enjoy helping, and at the same time, often learning also. 

Hope you enjoy the Community forums, and look forward to hearing from you again. Your opinion, insights, or questions are always welcome here.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hello ? Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.   Anytime you have any questions feel free to ask.  We are here to help each other out in a time of need.  Have a great day!

Always,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks for your reply.  I have Adobe products and used them for years and previously have not received any warnings about this file type.  Recently I updated Corel Painter 2016 maybe it is the culprit.  It is only because the HitmanPro message just started a few days ago that I thought to ask the question.  I do use CCleaner, Malwarebytes and Webroot.  HitmanPro is the only program that finds this file in, "C:WindowsServiceProfilesNetworkServiceAppDataLocalTemp".  Hitman labels it as "Suspicious" and the default suggestion is to "Ignore".  I will do just that, ignore it.

Thanks to all who replied.

Hello,

HMP can be very touchy and over sensitive at times and no need to delete everything it finds and if you do find something Suspicious you can always Contact Webroot Support and they will give your system a security check with your paid subscription!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉