Solved

What is Webroot s policy on participating in SE Labs ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Hello Webrooter

What is Webroot s policy on participating in SE Labs  Antivirus Tests?

Latest consumer Test 

Latest SMB Test 

Latest Enterprise Test
icon

Best answer by PVaddi 28 June 2018, 20:41

View original

36 replies

Webroot notes that testing occurred before it released its script and antiexploit protection.

8. The contents of this report are provided on an “AS IS” basis and accordingly SE Labs does not make any express or implied warranty or representation concerning its accuracy or completeness.
Userlevel 4

Webroot is a voluntary participant in SE Labs testing.
Webroot will continue to be evaluated by SE Labs in the coming quarters. 

While this inital round of testing wasn't the strongest for WSA, testing did take place before two new efficacy focused features were introduced to the product. 

The SE Labs report also includes this comment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
All,
As you might have noticed, we have just launched the Script Shield Beta and the feature will be generally available once we get through the beta and incorporate any feedback from this phase. 

Anti Exploit is an upcoming feature that is gettoing ready for Beta as well. More on that soon.

Thanks
Pawani

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Thanks for the great info @ and @

Cheers,
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you @ and @
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
 "...testing did take place before two new efficacy focused features were introduced to the product "
WSA is at least 5 years old , ( if not more) by now should be a mature product with full potential.

No amount of features will improve WSA detection rate due to the "philosophy" behind WSA development.

Of course that's your opinion but not all! https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/MRG-Effitas-2018Q1-Online-Banking.pdf 
Greetings TOTAL Member, " so what is so special about (paid) Webroot ???? " Well for one, it has very happy and satisfied return customers just like yourself. I'm going to take it for granted that you are an intelligent individual seeing that you yourself have been a customer of Webroot for two years. If you were not satisfied with the service and protection you have been receiving, you certainly would have switched over to one of the other Internet Security Services that are available.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Hi!

Please go easy on me.  I'm very, very new to Webroot.

Seriously, if Webroot gets terrible results in some independent tests, and doesn't enter some others, why do people prefer it to other free and paid solutions?

Thanks.
P.
Userlevel 1
hello webroot friends, if you look at these tests then you can only say: finger away from webroot. yes it will not please the webroot friends, but I have made myself smart in the internet and read of webroot nothing good. kaspersky, bitdefender even VIPRE is much better and 100% secure. ciao and I uninstall webroot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
100% secure !! kaspersky ?! you funny.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
I personally don't know, but PCMag.com (US) rated it "Excellent" and "Editor's Choice" in October, 2017, their most recent review of it.  They did their own tests.
Userlevel 1
sorry but webroot comes in all "official" tests bad to miserable way, finger away from webroot there are better av programs.
Bitdefender
Kaspersky
McAfee
Norton
but Webroot , sorry no SIR !!!!!!!!
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Techradar.com reviewed it a few days ago, and it came in number 3, ahead of ESET, F-Secure, Kaspersky, and some others.
Userlevel 1
please give me the LINK
Thank you
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
https://www.techradar.com/news/best-antivirus
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
It looks like the forum software keeps erasing the link.  I don't know why.  Just do a Web search for Webroot and Techradar and 2018.
Userlevel 1
can you tell me how much USER webroot use worldwide ???
McAfee 350 million
Bitdefeender 500 million
Kaspersky 350 million
and Webroot how much ??????
Hi Marc4711 hope your well. Now, at last count there were one bazillion and a half. The half is because there is a very happy Webroot customer who happens to be pregnant. I hope my answer was as important to you as your question was to me.
May you have a blessed and stress free day.
Userlevel 1
Thank you with more users, I did not expect synonymous. I will not write anything anymore because webroot is NOT in question for me and my friends: there are better things from the USA !!!! :)
(VIPRE)
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
It looks like the forum software keeps erasing the link.  I don't know why.  Just do a Web search for Webroot and Techradar and 2018.
You're exactly right, the spam filter ate it. Went ahead and restored your post, sorry about that!
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Bitdefeender 500 million !!!!
Kaspersky 350 million !!!

Why you accept any information from any company ?

I think kaspersky have maximum 2 million users .

Do you know about they ?

very easy for They lie about number customers.

They loss many their Customers at these years.

Because They use lie information and lie Advertisement and news for attract users.

More users :

Leader Free Version : Windows Defender , AVG ,

Leader Paid Version : Symantec , Trend Micro , McAfee , Webroot

( Middle Market ) : AVG , Avast , Bitdefender , ESET , Panda

Under Middle Market : Kaspersky , BullGuard , G-Data , TrustPort , Avira , Vipro , MalwareByte , etc.
@ wrote:
I think kaspersky have maximum 2 million users .
I'm not sure that's right.

But numbers of customers is a pretty insignificant factor for me in deciding which AV product is the best product and the best product for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Deciding base Trust & correct information . not base lie information.

i have a question :

when a user can purchase products from most valid and Trusty Security Company , why must choose AV from a lie and weak company same kaspersky?

Do you know kaspersky scam from their partners and resellers and customers ?

Do you know kaspersky loss many partners , staff and Regional office Managers ?

Do you now they run big Campaign on any threats bold in news but other companies discovery their ? same : Flame = Prevx , mini-Flame = Trend Micro . Stuxnet = VBA32 and etc .
@ wrote:
Deciding base Trust & correct information . not base lie information.

i have a question :

when a user can purchase products from most valid and Trusty Security Company , why must choose AV from a lie and weak company same kaspersky?

Do you know kaspersky scam from their partners and resellers and customers ?

Do you know kaspersky loss many partners , staff and Regional office Managers ?

Do you now they run big Campaign on any threats bold in news but other companies discovery their ? same : Flame = Prevx , mini-Flame = Trend Micro . Stuxnet = VBA32 and etc .
Interesting.

@ wrote:
Do you know kaspersky scam from their partners and resellers and customers ? .
I don't quite understand you here. Can you rephrase for better understanding? Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
SE Labs has always showed that WSA is very bad and if that is true we would see many complaint's on the Webroot Community about infections but that is not the case!