Solved

When does activation start for purchases direct from Webroot?

• 6 November 2013
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11
Hello .... My first post here on the Webroot Community and I have 5 questions that the Search Engine could not answer.

I purchased three separate Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus 1 Seat 1 Year Subscriptions during last year's Christmas Specials direct from Webroot for $9.99 each and paid via PayPal (a good deal).   Each one came with its own separate activation code.

I only installed and activated one of the three so far because I only have one computer.  It is a good product and my fairly new docked laptop finally feels unchained from the high resources drag of other AV products I've used over the past 15 years.

My Questions:

1. Unlike Best Buy purchases, may I presume that Webroot direct download purchases are not activated until the activation codes are first entered on the computer and that is when the 365 day clock actually starts for each separate 1-seat subsciption?

2. With 20 days now left on my first subscription, will I lose those 20 days if I enter one of my unused activation codes?

3. Also, if I go past expiration by a day or two, will that change the usual procedure of entering one of my unused codes?

4. I saw no mention of auto-renewal on the email receipts received last year from Webroot ..... How can I be sure I am not enrolled in auto-renewal?  I remember receiving an email from Webroot about 10 days ago regarding my subscription expiring soon, but do not recall seeing anything about auto-renewal ..... just a link to renew now (or something to that effect).  I deleted it assuming I (hopefully) still have two good unused codes in the hopper ready for action which depends on the answer to my Question 1 above..

5. Do those 3-user subscriptions only come with one code, creating a situation where one must use all 3 licenses at the same time to get the full 365 day benefit from each license?

Thank you,

RRod

icon

Best answer by MikeR 7 November 2013, 01:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
My Questions:

1. Unlike Best Buy purchases, may I presume that Webroot direct download purchases are not activated until the activation codes are first entered on the computer and that is when the 365 day clock actually starts for each separate 1-seat subsciption? 

This is correct.

2. With 20 days now left on my first subscription, will I lose those 20 days if I enter one of my unused activation codes?

Yes you will.

3. Also, if I go past expiration by a day or two, will that change the usual procedure of entering one of my unused codes?

No it will not.

4. I saw no mention of auto-renewal on the email receipts received last year from Webroot ..... How can I be sure I am not enrolled in auto-renewal?  I remember receiving an email from Webroot about 10 days ago regarding my subscription expiring soon, but do not recall seeing anything about auto-renewal ..... just a link to renew now (or something to that effect).  I deleted it assuming I (hopefully) still have two good unused codes in the hopper ready for action which depends on the answer to my Question 1 above.. 

You can use the link below or you can Send me a Private Message with each of your keycodes and I can personally take a look.

Auto Renewal Opt Out 

5. Do those 3-user subscriptions only come with one code, creating a situation where one must use all 3 licenses at the same time to get the full 365 day benefit from each license?

Yes - You will need 3 devices to take full advantage of this deal.

Hope this helped - Let me know if you have any other questions. :robotwink:

Thank you,

RRod

Userlevel 7
I have one small clarification/correction to offer regarding copies of Webroot purchased at Best Buy:

Best Buy sells both copies that are standard retail versions (Which activate at time of installation) and Best Buy Subscription Software copies (Which activate at the time of sale)