• 7 replies

where has gamer mode gone
icon

Best answer by JimM 27 August 2012, 18:19

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I don't think you need a gamer mode with the new version of Webroot SecureAnywhere as it's gamer friendly but if you do have any issues just post back and the Webroot Staff will be able to help you correct them. ;)

And Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

TH
yes thanks for that i read through user guide, my problem is xbox sometimes sees my pc downloads and tversity and other times it wont any ideas would be appreciated
Userlevel 7
Thanks for joining us brianashworth58. :D

TH is right, the gamer mode functionality is now built into SecureAnywhere. It is a setting found through Settings>Basic Configuration>Lower resource usage when intensive applications or games are detected.

I am not familiar with Tversity, you may have to have your Downloads folder shared on your network. I have opened a support ticket for you so we may collect logs from your system and take a closer look. Please check the email you registered here on the Community with, there will be a password that you can use to log in to the Support Ticket System with. When you log in, you can follow the instructions I provide on how to collect logs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That one I'm not sure as it sounds like a network issue can you have a look Here to see if any of your gaming application are being blocked also note that you need to have Windows Firewall on or some other firewall as WSA-E or WSA-C has outbound protection and Windows Firewall has inbound protection so you may want to look at your inbound firewall to see if it's blocking any Gaming application! If it's not the case then it's best to hear a reply from a Webroot Employee. ;)

HTH,

TH

EDIT: I see that Mike is here now!
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
It is a setting found through Settings>Basic Configuration>Lower resource usage when intensive applications or games are detected.

I believe this is enabled by default.
Userlevel 7
TonyW, it is indeed!
Userlevel 7
"Gamer Mode" in the 2011 version of the software would have disabled your firewall, which at the time, was an inbound/outbound firewall.  So it would have been a relevant setting to use in that version of the software since the firewall could have potentially interfered with the networking between your tversity server and your xbox.  However, in the 2012 version of the software, which is what you are running, the firewall is outbound only, so there is no possibility of the firewall causing the problem in question unless you specifically manually configured the firewall to block TVersity.  You would know for sure already if this is something you did since it requires you going out of your way to do it.

Mike is looking for any other possible potential interactions, but it doesn't seem likely it's going to be WSA causing the issue.  The quickest way to check is to temporarily shut down WSA and see if the issue goes away or not.  If not, it's not WSA causing it.